Solar Tsunami to Strike Earth Tuesday Night

Is this the Geomagnetic storm they are expecting? From the Space weather page "Aug 03 1827 UTC WARNING: Geomagnetic K-index of 4 expected" if so, how do you decode it on the charts that they have there?

Is this the Geomagnetic storm they are expecting? From the Space weather page "Aug 03 1827 UTC WARNING: Geomagnetic K-index of 4 expected" if so, how do you decode it on the charts that they have there?
This link: SWPC Tips on Viewing the Aurora will show you the K index required to see the Northern Lights based on the latitude of the city one lives in.

So if the index is 4, that means the lucky people of Winnipeg, Yellowknife, Dawson... or the black flies around Hudson Bay will be able to see the Northern Lights.

Has anyone else noticed that the Dish Earth channel 287 seems to have a lot of static electricity dots and flicks floating by on the screen? When it hits our side of earth will be turned away from the sun.

I haven't checked it out myself, and it may be gone by now, but, it's possible that some particles got accelerated to near light speed and would thus arrive far in advance of the bulk of the plasma ejection. Such high-energy particles would indeed show up as streaks on a digital camera.

Many Nasa, JPL and MIT scientist are predicting that the aurora should be visible as far south as Colorado and Virginia.

Do you have a cite for that? The last alert I see is forecasting a K-index of 5. If I remember rightly from way back when we used to have good solar cycles, I need at least a solid 6 to see even a hint of anything in here in Pennsylvania.

Kstuart -I love it - we have a cat who would love to be protected about as much as that cat apparently does. Get the set on ebay and I'll buy them if you can deliver to the NC outer banks before it hits.

Thanks for the laugh.

JohnW (and Morris)

December 2012 showing up early apparently.

Not early.. but everything is happening as it was foreseen. Note the increase in earthquakes are having all over the planet, solar flares acting like microwaves. Do you really think our or any govt would say anything if they knew something was happening???? Hell no, it would be just like in the movie to prevent everyone from going crazy.

Believe something is happening or not...the facts are really there. We are losing our ice shelves so our sea's are already rising. The earthquakes are happening more and more thus prob a start to a major shift. Nobody really knows if anything is happening or not but its all pointing to some sort of "change" will happen in 2012.

"Each and every Main Source of Knowledge, From Einstein to NASA to Worldwide Religions ALL AGREE THAT…”
In 2012, some thing substantial will transpire. But… what?

2012 Planet Alignment and the 2012 Mayan Calendar

6a00d8341c9c1053ef0128757911cd970c-500wi

dvrexpander said:
Not early.. but everything is happening as it was foreseen. Note the increase in earthquakes are having all over the planet, solar flares acting like microwaves. Do you really think our or any govt would say anything if they knew something was happening???? Hell no, it would be just like in the movie to prevent everyone from going crazy.

Believe something is happening or not...the facts are really there. We are losing our ice shelves so our sea's are already rising. The earthquakes are happening more and more thus prob a start to a major shift. Nobody really knows if anything is happening or not but its all pointing to some sort of "change" will happen in 2012.

2012 Planet Alignment and the 2012 Mayan Calendar

How do you explain the increased solar activity in 2001?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts