Solid Signal 8 bay antenna/RCA Pre Amp: Your Opinion

localclassictvfan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2015
Lafayette, Louisiana
This morning i was flipping through my channels and the NBC 7, NBC 33, Fox 44 stations signals gone, KALB barely comes in. I waited two hours, same results. I then disconnected the rca preamp and connected the blonder tounge. With the vhf antenna in the high and the uhf antenna in the low connector. Except for the KPLC 7 the other 3 work fine. I ran the wire from the tv to the 8 bay and only and only 5 KALB works, ran the yagi vhf straight to the tv, 5 KALB, 33 WVLA, WGMB 44 all work. My question is, after all this should I dump the 8 bay or keep it and if anyone of you have ever bought an 8 bay or not and do you think its a good antenna or junk. Also I am thinking of swapping the yagi antenna on top and the 8 bay below it. Please comment thanks

With the vhf antenna in the high and the uhf antenna in the low connector.
This is backwards.

On the ZHLSJ (the device that has HI and LO markings), the LO input is for VHF low and the HI input is for VHF high and UHF. The Yagi antenna should be on the LO input and the 8-bay should be on the HI input.

If you really have a full VHF antenna rather than a VHF low antenna, you should probably be using the UVSJ (marked with VHF and UHF) that combines VHF with UHF. That said, this can certainly depend on whether the antennas are pointed in different directions and which direction you want your VHF high from.

The indeterminate references to "yagi" and "8 bay" don't add much to our understanding.

This is backwards.

On the ZHLSJ (the device that has HI and LO markings), the LO input is for VHF low and the HI input is for VHF high and UHF. The Yagi antenna should be on the LO input and the 8-bay should be on the HI input.

If you really have a full VHF antenna rather than a VHF low antenna, you should probably be using the UVSJ (marked with VHF and UHF) that combines VHF with UHF. That said, this can certainly depend on whether the antennas are pointed in different directions and which direction you want your VHF high from.

The indeterminate references to "yagi" and "8 bay" don't add much to our understanding.
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)