Solid Signal: Almost All Directv DVRs/Receivers Listed Either Discontinued or Unavailable

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
This includes the HR44 Genie(listed as discontinued). What's going on? The only thing available is the Wireless Client & Wireless Video Bridge. Oddly enough on a side note,the GenieGO 2 is listed again,but unavailable.

This includes the HR44 Genie(listed as discontinued). What's going on? The only thing available is the Wireless Client & Wireless Video Bridge. Oddly enough on a side note,the GenieGO 2 is listed again,but unavailable.
The page for the HR44 says
Phone Orders Only. Please Call 877-312-4547.

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...r-(HR44)&c=DIRECTV Receivers&sku=700112818578

I checked,it looks like the HR24,H25,& H24 are saying the same thing,I wonder what happened?

Just speculation but, maybe they are out of stock or D* has decided to Not give them to outside places anymore, starting with them ?
Or maybe it's a glitch ?

Well, this morning the HR24 says Call for availability, the 44 shows In Stock, $299.

Seeing you were there very early in the morning, maybe they were updating the site info.

Well, this morning the HR24 says Call for availability, the 44 shows In Stock, $299.

Seeing you were there very early in the morning, maybe they were updating the site info.
Both the HR24 & HR44 are saying in stock,but phone orders only. I imagine the same goes for the H25,H24,& C41 Client. I'm just curious as to why it's phone orders only?

Hi alll, happy to explain: We're in the midst of reworking some of our procedures to better align with DIRECTV policy, and to help deal with some issues that have occured in the past that threatened to drive up costs for everyone. It sounds pretty simple but it's a lot like doing a pit stop on a stock car while it's still running a race. In order to keep moving, our receiver orders have to be done through phone sales.

Reactions: Bodo Fenrirsson
Hi alll, happy to explain: We're in the midst of reworking some of our procedures to better align with DIRECTV policy, and to help deal with some issues that have occured in the past that threatened to drive up costs for everyone. It sounds pretty simple but it's a lot like doing a pit stop on a stock car while it's still running a race. In order to keep moving, our receiver orders have to be done through phone sales.
It just shocked me at first when I saw "Discontinued" & "Currently Not Available" by all of the DVRs/receivers,except for the C41W Wireless Client & Wireless Video Bridge.

That must have been our site parsing some of the new code. I can promise you, all the current DIRECTV receivers are still available.

Ebay has it for $210 brand new with free shipping, Sorry I just don't like to pay shipping, and no I don't promote Ebay or anybody else, I just rather buy it for less not Directv prices minus install fee.

Ebay has it for $210 brand new with free shipping, Sorry I just don't like to pay shipping, and no I don't promote Ebay or anybody else, I just rather buy it for less not Directv prices minus install fee.
I would be extremely cautious if purchasing a satellite receiver through any source other than the respective company or a licensed authorized retailer.
Over my time as a tech, I count several instances where a customer had told me they bought a receiver of E bay or other unauthorized source.
In one case as an example, I called Dish to verify the receiver could be placed on a new account. The receiver had an existing balance on it. Naturally the customer was pissed because whatever they paid was money lost.
The moral to the story: there are no shortcuts. And if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

I would be extremely cautious if purchasing a satellite receiver through any source other than the respective company or a licensed authorized retailer.
Over my time as a tech, I count several instances where a customer had told me they bought a receiver of E bay or other unauthorized source.
In one case as an example, I called Dish to verify the receiver could be placed on a new account. The receiver had an existing balance on it. Naturally the customer was pissed because whatever they paid was money lost.
The moral to the story: there are no shortcuts. And if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
That's because they trust the sellers word without verifying it first with Directv, That's why they put the RID in their description with pictures to prove it, and if they don't provide it I would stay away from, but that's for owned status receivers, for leased they should provide pictures with original Directv box,receiver,connections and remote control with sealed new access card.
You just have to find the right trustworthy with good feedback from previous buyers.

THANK YOU Solid Signal :clapping

I ordered from you guys yesterday evening and it is sitting on my front porch when I got home today :bow

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)