Solid Signal DIRECTV HR24 Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

toolman90

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2009
Ohio
I am thinking about getting an Directv HR24 through Solid Signal to avoid having to pay a $99.00 install fee with DIRECTV to update an HD receiver to an HD DVR. I wanted to know if it is compatible with SWM and does it work with Multi room viewing where you can watch DVR on any TV in the house. I also have the protection plan on my account will it void the protection plan and will the leased receiver that I buy from solid signal, be covered under the protection plan that I have from DIRECTV. I just want to make sure before I purchase the HD DVR.

toolman90 said:
I am thinking about getting an Directv HR24 through Solid Signal to avoid having to pay a $99.00 install fee with DIRECTV to update an HD receiver to an HD DVR. I wanted to know if it is compatible with SWM and does it work with Multi room viewing where you can watch DVR on any TV in the house. I also have the protection plan on my account will it void the protection plan and will the leased receiver that I buy from solid signal, be covered under the protection plan that I have from DIRECTV. I just want to make sure before I purchase the HD DVR.

I believe activating the receiver will renew a 2 year contract though. I could be wrong but I believe so.

I went ahead and ordered the box at noon. It is suppose to arrive tomorrow. I am awhere about the 2 Year commitment reseting on the account when activating the reciever. I just hope it is not defective like the last HD receivers I got when they did the original install.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)