Solo ViP 211k

PTVC

TROLL
Original poster
Oct 14, 2012
USA
On occasion, our Solo ViP 211k will have partial signal loses. When it happens it tends go on for hours but is fixed it you unplug it for a minute and let it reboot. Any idea why this happens?

By partial signal loss, do you mean only some channels are missing, or all channels go in and out? if your running a 500, you should be tuning to satellites 110 and 119, so double check transponders 14, 15, 16, and 21 on both satellites. To do this, press menu, then 6-1-1 and follow on screen instructions.

I did find this just now at Dish:

If you tune into a sat channel after viewing a weak ota channel it will cause the "partial signal loss" every time the OTA station loses signal. The fix is to either remove the weak ota channel from the list, fix the signal strength for the ota channel, or tune into a stronger ota channel, then go back to sat. That bug has been around for quite a while now.

https://support.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1299#p3316

We do have an OTA HD antenna hooked up to the receiver. Maybe that is causing the issue on the 211k?

PTVC said:
I did find this just now at Dish:

https://support.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1299#p3316

We do have an OTA HD antenna hooked up to the receiver. Maybe that is causing the issue on the 211k?

Oh yeah forgot about that. Yeah the solution to that issue is to either remove the weak OTA stations from your lineup or to tune into an OTA channel that you know never has dropouts, then back to a sat channel.

Hopefully that is what your issue is/was.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

My parents live with us and they are getting on in years. My mom is always hitting the wrong buttons and she mostly uses that receiver. I'll keep an eye out for it and give it a shot.

It's been a long time, but I use to see this on my 722k and it was when tuning from an OTA to SAT channel. I think recent updates have fixed this - on the 722k, anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts