Status
Please reply by conversation.

crosspaws

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
Grand Haven MI
Solomend 800 HH motor problem

I know this problem is in STB because my S9 works the Vbox just fine. I think the problem developed with a lighting issue. It took out the LNB my old Gbox and this issue w/the Solomend. Tho Solomed looks to work fine other than sending the drive commends. Does any one know what I might look for or test on the boards that might fix it. Its not a bad box and I would like to get working.

Thanks to all, Eric

:confused: Ok I asked this question earlier and got no response, so I thought I would give it another try with more info. I can't get the stb to move HH or USAL. I get a reading of 22.49 v from the center copper to ground. I let the unit do a blind scan to see what changes I might see, and it was vary slight. 22.49 to 22.60. I know right off this is wrong because it is to high. I tested the power supply outs and got what was listed on board (5/12/24/). So it looks as the power supply is ok. I tested the fuse/verister/thermal fuse (yellow item that many have talked about). I get 23.16 v on both legs. Now I am not much of a electronic expert, but I tested the diode and any thing else that might look like a fuse. I tested what I believe is a transistor w/heat sink on it by the tuner section close to the thermal fuse. I tested the output of each leg and this is what I got. From front of chip leg one being left I have 21.1 v, 23.16v center leg, and 23.18 third leg right. From what I can get of the chip it reads, top line "LM317T, MIDDLE LINE G OR 6 402L V6, NEXT LINE CHN 943, AND LAST WHAT LOOKS LIKE ST AND SOME SYMBOL. The photo is not so good taken w.cheap cell phone. If I set the unit up it will scan in stuff, so it is sort of working. I would like to fix the STB if any one has some ideas please let me know.

Attachments

• 0807110158.jpg
    0807110158.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 175
  • 0807110216.jpg
    0807110216.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 179
Do not believe that the motor movement is an issue with the LM317 power regulator.

Measured with LNB load on the SAT IN port:
Left leg typically will read 17.3vdc on Horizontal and 12.8vdc on a Vertical transponder (+/- 10%)
Center leg typically will read 18.6vdc on Horizontal and 14vdc on a Vertical transponder (+/- 10%)
Right leg typically will read 24.1vdc on Horizontal and 24.20vdc on a Vertical transponder (+/- 10%)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)