Solution for my UHF antenna range both tv2 and tv1 on 722k

kitmcdowall

Original poster
Dec 20, 2012
Des Moines Iowa
I have had my VIP722k for about 6 months. I have (4) TV2s each in a different room. Initially all TV2 remotes could reach the 722k UHF antenna that I had extended away from the 722k with a 6 ft coax cable. Then over the last month, the UHF remote reception got worse and finally would not work at all unless I was within 30 feet of rhe 722k. I tried the typical recommended solution of having the UHF signal and the TV2 signal ride together with splitters, but that made the TV reception much worse.

Finally today I looked at the addresses the DISH installer guy had used on the remotes. With the VIP722k the choice of Band A vs Band B is determined by the remote address. Odd addresses are Band A and even addresses are Band B. For whatever reason, Band B has a much greater range than Band A.

Of course the installer had used addresses 5 and 21, both Band A. I changed all remotes to even addresses (Band B) and now all remotes work fine from anywhere in the house. The most distant TV2 is about 80 ft and on a different floor.

FYI I have both TV2 and TV1 on UHF, because I can get both on the TV in my office by just changing the TV channel that each uses. The installer set up my TV1 on channel 25 and TV2 on channel 21. And of course I have to use a different remote control for TV1 / TV2.

I do not need a response. This is just in case it might help someone else. I spent 3 days figuring this out. Using hindsight, it should have taken about 15 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)