Solutions for Multiple TV set up?....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SKYYdiver

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
Austin, TX
I've looked around the forums and can't seem to find anything that addresses the issue I'm thinking of, so if this has been asked and answered already somewhere, please forgive me.
Here goes, My situation: (sorry--it's kinda long)
Right now I have 3 receivers with 3 TVs. 1 HR24 -200 in the living room (60" LG plasma) and 1 each of the H23-600 in each bedroom of our apartment (with 32" Vizios). Obviously, this set up has worked well for me for the 14 months I've had it, with Whole-Home DVR (being with DTV for the past 6 yrs). Unfortunately, being in an apartment, this has had many cables left visible in spots, and not looking as nice & neat as I'd like, but, I've managed to hide much of the coax by tucking it in along the baseboards and the carpet, so it's doable.
However, on Feb. 1st, we'll be moving to a new apartment across town that has word floors, and the 2 bedrooms are on the opposite side of the apt, from where the cables will be coming in to the living room to the main TV. This, I'm afraid, is really going to make hiding the cables very difficult.
So my question is, is there ANY way that I could SOMEHOW, go wireless with the 2 bedroom receivers? Is there some product that provides this?
(short of buying the Samsung TVs with RVU I've seen mentioned in other threads)
I did find something called the X10 Video Sender/Receiver, that, I suppose would work if I just stacked all 3 receivers in the living room and used 2 of the X10s to transmit the signals from the H23s to the bedrooms, but at $70 each, I don't think they look very reliable, & probable not worth it.
Do any of y'all here have any solutions to this, or even any suggestions for concealing the coax should I have to go that route?
Any help is really appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

We have the opposite set-up (2 in the living room, 1 in the bedroom) with 2 receivers. The small bedroom TV is fed through the second TV in the living room by taking the red/white/yellow output on the TV and putting it through one of those boxes that takes red/white/yellow (are they called RCA?) and outputs it to coax. I didn't see the point of paying for another receiver from Directv for a TV that we don't use often enough to justify the monthly cost. And, through an intensely precise and intricate wiring that only people on forums such as this would appreciate (God knows my gf doesn't appreciate it!) from the two TVs, two Directv receivers (HR24 with AM21 and H25), Denon receiver, Blu-Ray, DVD player with a digital and QAM tuner, VCR (proud), converter box, PlayStation, ihome, Time Warner Roadrunner Internet (and all it's crap), and sometimes our computers - everything (except computers) can be viewed on the 2nd TV and hence the bedroom, obviously something that a Directv receiver on its own could not accomplish.
I feel your pain - getting the wires hidden to the point of pleasing the other half was a challenge in our apartment. All but 9" of the coax and wires to the 5.1 speakers that feeds everything is hidden under rugs or behind things (or under mulch outside). (Sadly, that 9" span is where 3 of the coax meet, but close enough). Sorry that I have nothing to add for a solution to your specific issue, other than creativity. My friends had a multi-TV/computer set-up in their wood-floor apartment that featured well-placed rugs, couches, and other furniture to cover wires. It was very well-done so it can be done and I wish you luck.

I appreciate it, nonetheless! Looks like I will just have to get creative! I was just hoping maybe somebody would come up genius, that I hadn't thought of. Oh well, I'll figure it out1 way or another. Thanks,
again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)