Some channels great Video but no audio...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

leoq

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 26, 2008
I have a Fortec Dynamic box and it gives me a neat reception oo both audio and video. The problem I have is that on some satellites it gives me no audio, for example: at Gal 23 at 121W, TP 3707 H 5632, Sport Time Ohio I receive a great video image but no sound at all. I check to see if it is because of AC3 (which I do not have) but it is not shown on the Lyngsat as a requirement. Same happens with a few other channels on different satellites.

Could it be because it is not "F" (free) designated, but instead has a DVB profile? What is needed in order to get audio? Will I have to get AC3 device? Or is there no way to get it since it not Free?

I have no idea on how to read the Lyngsat page. The TP I am referring to is highlighted cream/yellowish color which signifies DIGITAL/CLEAR, yet there is no Audio... Am I wrong?

Please help!

I have a Fortec Dynamic box and it gives me a neat reception oo both audio and video. The problem I have is that on some satellites it gives me no audio, for example: at Gal 23 at 121W, TP 3707 H 5632, Sport Time Ohio I receive a great video image but no sound at all. I check to see if it is because of AC3 (which I do not have) but it is not shown on the Lyngsat as a requirement. Same happens with a few other channels on different satellites.

Could it be because it is not "F" (free) designated, but instead has a DVB profile? What is needed in order to get audio? Will I have to get AC3 device? Or is there no way to get it since it not Free?

I have no idea on how to read the Lyngsat page. The TP I am referring to is highlighted cream/yellowish color which signifies DIGITAL/CLEAR, yet there is no Audio... Am I wrong?

Please help!

Leoq,

You are on a C-Band signal so I cannot tell you first hand nor check it out personally. I only am set up for Ku band.

If I may, I would like to venture a guess that Lyngsat isn't always updated properly.

The other guys and gals will fill you in on this specific subject shortly, but, in the meantime, try looking up the area of the forum here named "The List".

You might find "The List" to be more accurate than Lyngsat.

That's the best that I can do for you right now, but one of the guys or gals here with a C-Band set-up will come along and provide more information for you.

Hang out and do some looking (browsing) until then!

RADAR

If you're using a c=band dish and can't get sound on STO, I discovered a few days ago that my Mercury 2 (same as dynamic) did not have the SPDIF jack turned on!
there is a menu option in the receiver where you can turn off/on the optical output, and of course you have to have an optical cable connected to a Dolby-capable receiver or home theater amp.

edit to add : that is the channel I was trying to get sound on also, and it does work, if you have the cable and the amplifier.

Some channels also have more than 1 audio stream. Push the "Audio" button on your remote (I'm assuming the Dynamic and Mercury II remotes are similar) and it will show how many audio streams are there.

Forgot that!

Some channels also have more than 1 audio stream. Push the "Audio" button on your remote (I'm assuming the Dynamic and Mercury II remotes are similar) and it will show how many audio streams are there.

Good Point>totally forgot that. But on STO there's one choice, that I remember.

If I remember right it says AC3 or English when you push the audio button. If you can find a Sonic Voom on Ebay etc...that will work for you for the AC3 only stuff. Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)