some channels in 780p now?

eschu97611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
L.A. CA
Noticed yesterday that ch. 101-122 seemed to have been switched by Voom to 720p mode. My Mitsu won't display 720p and I have to make sure my box is now set at the first red bar instead of the auto mode(all 4 bars). Kind of a pain now because I won't have auto-down convert for sd channels now and have to stand-up and push red button until last bar is lit foer these and stand-up again and push red button for first bar to display hds in 1080i, Anyone else notice this problem/ Just started happening yesterday-Voom is doing something to their signal on ch.101-122. Why?

Thanks for the reply Sean-Have a tech coming out this Sat.-He might suggest a box exchange-He was told by Voom to bring one out just in case-Think I should hang on to my current bo:mad:install on 02/26/04) even if same problem shows up on a new box?
Never got a DVI cable though the first time-so at least I will ask him to leave that with me.

Installed on feb.16,2004-think I have a new one-but not totally sure-does have a dvi port-am using it and pq looks awesome. Had to use a dvi cable I used to use with my d*box though-wasn't I supposed to get a free dvi cable with install?

eschu97611 said:
Installed on feb.16,2004-think I have a new one-but not totally sure-does have a dvi port-am using it and pq looks awesome. Had to use a dvi cable I used to use with my d*box though-wasn't I supposed to get a free dvi cable with install?

If your box is working fine, keep it. The DVI cable policy was changed after your install. You probably just missed it.

Just missed it? Hard to keep up with all the promotions being thrown at us and the "cut-off" dates. Oh well, not complaining too much-loving Voom so far and just wondering what was going on with ch.101-122 in 720p mode is all. Anyhow, thanks Sean-longtime observer here first time posting to this board-keep up the good work
ya'll.

Earl S.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)