Some Definitive Technology Updates/Photos

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
First, I recently upgraded from a ProCenter 1000 (4.5" woofers) to a ProCenter 2000 (5.25"). Really like the sound increase from the center, and it allows me to go 60hz on that xover, as opposed to 100 (per Def Tech). Much more full sound.

IMG_2221.jpg

Next, one of the ProMonitor 1000's went down in flames. I coulda sent it in, but Def Tech sent me the replacement woofer instead because I said Id do it myself. Took about 6 days, from start to finish for it to get here, during the holidays, so im impressed.

New 5.25"
IMG_2224.jpg

ProMonitor partly apart
IMG_2225.jpg

IMG_2226.jpg

Old woofer; cone tore from adhesive at base
IMG_2227.jpg

New woofer
IMG_2228.jpg

Another internal shot
IMG_2229.jpg

Inside of back and planar woofer on top
IMG_2230.jpg

Finally. I decided to setup the xovers per Def Tech (100hz for monitor and 60 for center), let the rcvr set distance (its very accurate when checked versus a tape measure), set trim levels with an SPL meter, and cut Audyssey completely off. Pretty darn happy.

Last edited:
I've owned DT speakers for about 6-7 years, four BP2006s and a C/L/R2300 center channel. I like them a lot for home theater.
I also have a pair of Studio Monitor 350s in my bedroom.

For the price, I really enjoy them. I also am noticing I like the sound set manually, with Audyssey off, vs Audyssey on. Im not sure how Audyssey affects mixing, but I seem to here more direction in the sound. Mean, if something is happening off in the left of the screen, I can pick it out a lot more as being to the left. Did not notice this before. The Procenter 2000 was def a great investment.

I'm a Def Tech owner myself. I use to own the the ProCenter 1000 and Promonitors

I upgraded to the BP6's, clr 2002, StudioMonitor 350 and BP1.2x for 7.1!

Right now my sub is a velodyne, I do have the opportunity to buy a pair of SuperCube 1 (duals) for $500 each. I am highly considering, but I was told be better to go w/ SvS, HSU, EPIC or EDs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts