Need some help here.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
I have just got a 55" lg tv from a friend for free it's a 2015 model. It has blinking problem. I can see what it says on the screen but blinks or flashes. Any way to fix it? Is it the power supply or LED's? 55lb5900 is the model number.

I seen on youtube someone had the same the problem. Its the power supply over powering led's. It burns them out if you set the brightness to high.

Does this LG set have a built-in P/S or does it have a power brick? If it's a brick, hopefully it can be replaced, but as you posted, the back-light LEDs may be damaged.
Its the power supply over powering led's. It burns them out if you set the brightness to high.
That's sounds rather odd. The standard TV Demo Mode is usually run with maximum brightness to make the screen "pop" in the store. If this is true, it seems like any floor model LG TV would be a ticking time bomb.

Here is the model of tv. For a better pic of the model number here it is. The power supply is on the back of the inside of the tv.

Attachments

• 20180515_172531.jpg
    20180515_172531.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 187
I have just got a 55" lg tv from a friend for free it's a 2015 model. It has blinking problem. I can see what it says on the screen but blinks or flashes. Any way to fix it? Is it the power supply or LED's? 55lb5900 is the model number.
Hey Dan, I had the same problem with our 50" LG. It started out that it would occasionally flash/blink while watching it. At first it only happened a few times a week but over time it started happening a several times a day. One evening we turned it off and when we tried to turn it back on the screen just flashed the LG logo for a second then shut down. It did this every time from then on. I did some research and the symptoms pointed to, as you said, either the power supply or the LED backlights. I ordered a new power supply hoping it was an easy fix but after installing it no-go. Appears that after a certain number of the LEDs burn out the tvs diagnostics will not allow it to turn on to prevent further damage. I found LED kits to do the repair yourself but from the videos I've seen it looks to be a b$%^h of a job with you almost needing a clean room to work on it to prevent dust getting between the layers and also the layers are very easily damaged while disassembled. I put ours back in the box for now as I have too many things going on. My 'solution' was to purchase another set and get a full 5 year in-home warranty this time so it's someone else's headache if it breaks down. I may try to fix the old one some day though. Good luck if you decide to dig in to it. :)

I can access the menu and get snow on the screen it just wont stay on. But i will get to it probely over the winter time when i am in the house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts