DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
I am not sure what I am doing wrong..

I currently have a single line SWM.
The guy who set it up said this was fine if I wanted to add more receiver's later.

I have the Genie, 3 Minis, and now 2 HR24's. The 2nd HR just activated, and I had all my channels, etc.etc. So now I am getting no signal, and I have no clue what is going on.

I currently have two 8 way splitters downstairs. I think the 2nd one is the issue as that is where I hooked this one up to.

Can someone tell me if this works with the signal line setup? do I need a 2nd power inserter for the 2nd splitter?

I guess the best question would be how do I get the 9th tuner to work? I know it won't work with an 8 way. Is it possible to put this 2nd 8 way to use with my current set up?

The LNB at the dish will only support eight tuners, it has nothing to do with the splitters.
Your choices are:
replace the LNB at the dish with a traditional non-SWM LNB, run four cables to the house, add an SWM16 multiswitch and power inserter (PI29, your current PI is probably a PI21) and then use one of the splitters to connect to the genie/clients/DVRs. (you only need six connections)
OR go to one of the DVRs and set it to single tuner operation, you won't be able to watch and record at the same time.
In neither case do you actually need more than one 8-way splitter. One genie plus three clients plus two DVRs is only six connections.

Also if you look on ebay you might find someone selling the new SWM13 LNB, that will support 13 tuners, in which case just replace the LNB at the dish with the SWM13.
The SWM13 is officially only available in certain test areas but a number of people on this forum have managed to find them on ebay.

I'll be going with the 13 soon for now I just dropped a tuner. Can anyone tell me why the new DVR wouldn't see the Genie on Whole Home? The genie and the other DVR see the new one, just not the other way around. The new DVR sees the older HR 24 but not the Genie

I am not sure what I am doing wrong..

I currently have a single line SWM.
The guy who set it up said this was fine if I wanted to add more receiver's later.

I have the Genie, 3 Minis, and now 2 HR24's. The 2nd HR just activated, and I had all my channels, etc.etc. So now I am getting no signal, and I have no clue what is going on.

I currently have two 8 way splitters downstairs. I think the 2nd one is the issue as that is where I hooked this one up to.

Can someone tell me if this works with the signal line setup? do I need a 2nd power inserter for the 2nd splitter?
Did you get a SWiM16? As a SWiM8 only support 8 tuners. You now have 9.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)