Some HD RSN's Now LIVE!

RE: FSNW 376 - KCPQ 13 (FOX) Seattle

Does anyone know if there may be a corporate connection between the two? The FOX 13 HD - MYQ22HD / DISH dispute and the yet-to-be-turned-on FSNW 376.

Per my discussion above....if I can live in a different region and get the RSN I want by telling Dish I live there, what about the LILs HD channels. Are these spot beamed?

Jack

If you are very far out of the area covered by the spot beam you are not going to be able to pick it up. It's move that a matter of line of sight. Spot beams are radiated to certain areas and only cover those areas. The satellites use the same frequencies for different cities. Since spot beams only cover certain areas many more areas can be covered by the same frequency. This is no different than the same regular tv and radio frequencies used in many different cities.

Dave

Per my discussion above....if I can live in a different region and get the RSN I want by telling Dish I live there, what about the LILs HD channels. Are these spot beamed?

Jack
Dish isn't using spotbeams for the HD RSN's (not yet, at least), and only is only using spotbeams for the San Francisco HD LIL (but OKC HD LIL is uplinked to a spotbeam transponder).

Basically, I'm screwed. Either I get my RSN on the national shared HD channels but no local HD LILs or I get local HD LILs and have to get my teams through MLB, NBA, and CI packages. The latter is a very expensive proposal. My only hope is that D* offers the same national HD RSN concept as Dish when they have the so called 100 HD channels. The problem there is that I have the Mpeg2 HD Tivo and the new 100 will be Mpeg4, probably. Again, it looks like I'm screwed unless I convert to the Padres(Yuk!), the Ducks, and the Lakers(Yuk!). I just might have to become a Ducks fan since the Sharks wimped out again.

Holy crap -- there is actually a GAME on Fox RM HD... :eek: :rolleyes:

Its the first time I have seen anything listed in the EPG since the first day it went live...

OK, I admit my ignorance on this subject as I just recently switched to Dish from Directv. I am an "Everything" Pak customer with HD...so I basically have all HD programming. I live in Raleigh NC area. But I have yet to see any HD programming offered via the RSNs. Is it not available in our area? Where should I be looking?

OK, I admit my ignorance on this subject as I just recently switched to Dish from Directv. I am an "Everything" Pak customer with HD...so I basically have all HD programming. I live in Raleigh NC area. But I have yet to see any HD programming offered via the RSNs. Is it not available in our area? Where should I be looking?
The "Everything Pak" doesn't include all the regional sports networks. That's another $6/month. With that, you'll get all the HD and SD RSNs that Dish carries, BUT, you'll only get pro baseball from the teams that claim your zipcode. All other games will be blacked out. Check http://www.hdsportsguide.com for current HD sports programming info.

So to clarify, I live in an area where I get FSN SW. If I want to watch a game that is carried on FSN South, I can subscribe to the sports package and get that? Or will this be blacked out?

So to clarify, I live in an area where I get FSN SW. If I want to watch a game that is carried on FSN South, I can subscribe to the sports package and get that? Or will this be blacked out?
If you want to watch out of market baseball, you need to switch to Direct, or some cable system that carries MLB Extra Innings, and pay up. All out of market pro baseball on E* is blacked out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)