Some HD RSN's Now LIVE!

Well I don't see the point in these new HD RSN's. I get Fox South. The Braves are playing. But not on the HD Fox South Channel. Just in SD.. Can someone explain why they bothered to give us a HD RSN that doesn't actually show anything..
Probably because those RSN's were the cheapest ones. The RSN's that actually have HD programming may actually cost some money...

Probably because those RSN's were the cheapest ones. The RSN's that actually have HD programming may actually cost some money...

My bill just went up 10 bucks and I didn't get squat! If that money is only being spent on "the cheapest ones" we are going to have a big problem here in NY.

+1

Instead of wondering when I might see FSN North in HD, I'm now more interested in knowing why we don't have it already. What's the holdup? No one seems to know.

Its probably the $$$$ issue again for Charlie what else could it be ??? Charlie should have a boatload of cash now that he didnt have to fork over for MLB EI so lets light up the remaining HD RSN's........soon. :hungry: E* definition of soon is anytime between now and never.

Well I don't see the point in these new HD RSN's. I get Fox South. The Braves are playing. But not on the HD Fox South Channel. Just in SD.. Can someone explain why they bothered to give us a HD RSN that doesn't actually show anything..

I heard a rumor that Dish can broadcast only 4 RSN events at a time on 129. If this is so, then Dish will not always be able to broadcast the RSN HD games available and they will have to make a decision on which games to show.

THAT will prove to be interesting...

This RSN situation is very confusing I do understand E* POV (very few HD events are produced) but it does make it very hard for us to know when we can watch events on either channel (FOXW and PRIME). I wish they could flash one of those popup info banners (like the do for their enhanced commericals) when you first tune to the SD channel telling you to press select to tune to HD broadcast. Also l4.03 still didn't fix the tuning issue/black screen on those two *fake* RSNs.

It's a good thing I casually watch sporting events (especially if there's a HD feed) and at least i'm not paying for any extra sports packages or i'd be mad.

Truth still remains, if your life revolves around sports, get D* otherwise E* is fine.

I heard a rumor that Dish can broadcast only 4 RSN events at a time on 129. If this is so, then Dish will not always be able to broadcast the RSN HD games available and they will have to make a decision on which games to show.

If dish switches the RSN's to the new Mpeg4 encoders (if they haven't already) then they should be able to broadcast at least 6 HD feeds on one TP.

I got the following from the FSN website from their FAQ section:

How many HD games does FSN HD produce for each team?
FSN HD will typically produce at least 10 games per NBA team, 10 games per NHL team, and 17 games per Major League Baseball team.

I couldn't find a comprehensive HD schedule for the two L.A. Fox RSN's, so this is all I have to go by. It does say "at least" so maybe there are more.

This is what I was going by.

Marlins

Devil Rays

Confused!

I live in Rhode Island, and have the HD and Multi-Sport Packages. My EPG shows only Fox-FL HD and Sun HD, neither of which are available to me (blackouts). Why am I getting these listed if I cannot receive them. (Also, when am I getting my NESN HD?)

I live in Rhode Island, and have the HD and Multi-Sport Packages. My EPG shows only Fox-FL HD and Sun HD, neither of which are available to me (blackouts). Why am I getting these listed if I cannot receive them. (Also, when am I getting my NESN HD?)

because you subscribe to sports pak you are seeing Fox Fl HD and Sun HD, just like you see all the channels on the SD side, but are blacked out on pro sports. You might eventually see something on the Fl HD channels I am not sure if either channel might show some college baseball in HD or other non pro sports in HD.

Unfortunatly Dish puts a 5 hr blackout window on the HD feed, so there is virtually no chance of catching the end of a long running baseball or hockey game

Well, it's been over 2 weeks since the 2 L.A. area HD FSN's have been on and they basically sit there, cluttering up my "All HD" program guide (which I can't edit for the unused channels like PPV and NBA). I think that there have been a grand total of 2 HD broadcasts (one for each FSN) over the two week period and one of them appeared to be ED, not HD.

The local non-network channels have had several baseball HD broadcasts -- channel 9 has had the last two Dodger away games in Arizona in HD this week. So what's with the RSN's? Are they dragging their feet on HD because they have exclusive rights to the games and figure fans will watch anyway?

Well, it's been over 2 weeks since the 2 L.A. area HD FSN's have been on and they basically sit there, cluttering up my "All HD" program guide (which I can't edit for the unused channels like PPV and NBA). I think that there have been a grand total of 2 HD broadcasts (one for each FSN) over the two week period and one of them appeared to be ED, not HD.
And remember, there were people asking continually "when will the RSNs in HD show up?". I can assume they're not too busy watching HD events to post here.... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts