Some installers taking DVI cable from Voom box and selling on EBAY

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
I was with my next door neighbor today and he got his voom installed by
a local company. I dont want to mention name because guy was cool.

One thing he freely admitted that bothered my was that he has been taking the DVI cable and in some cased the Diplexer and if customer does not need or does not ask for at time of install (or does not know it comes in box for free) he is selling at install to them or selling them on EBAY. He said Voom pays so poorly he does not feel he is doing something wrong.

I am debating turning him into intsalls inc.

It would be one thing if he offered it to his customers and if they did not want it. He could do what he wants with it.

The bad thing is that I was looking in Voom box and I said to my bud. I will go hook up the DVI cable. The installer said. "Damm I was going to sell that to your for 30.00 bucks".

NOT GOOD!

Any way install went good. Wierd thing is
I got the huge channel master upgrade OFA for free and recieve all locals.
My bud called voom when stealth sucked and was said the local instller is now refusing to install upgrade OFA unless customer pays line 100.00

Me thinks the local installer here in the great northwest is a swindler!!!

and its not ADAMS as you would think. Its another company! :mad:

see my post in Voom in your area section about dishonest installer

Meant to post here but posted in area section.
Its a must READ!

You should've kicked his goofy theiving ass at that point. If you were any kind of friend you would've booted his ass quick and easy.

cameron119 said:
You should've kicked his goofy theiving ass at that point. If you were any kind of friend you would've booted his ass quick and easy.

Your correct! I was kinda in shock of what I was witnessing and hearing.

I just sent an email of to Wilt, Installsinc, and Voom.

I will let them know who this guy is if they care. And I hope they do!

Good thing emailing installs and wilt. I hope Voom isn't sticking it to installers, but taking something that belongs to the customer and selling it is very wrong.

iceshark said:
Your correct! I was kinda in shock of what I was witnessing and hearing.

I just sent an email of to Wilt, Installsinc, and Voom.

I will let them know who this guy is if they care. And I hope they do!

You did the right thing. It's an outrage the nerve these guys must have. Do they think they "deserve" these cables? Hell, they chose the vocation. There are plenty of folks that would love to make the kind of money some installers do.

Yeah, that just doesn't seem right. I stood next to my installer (great guy) as he unpacked all of the equipment. My TV doesn't even have a DVI input and he gave me the cable. I already made all of my own component cables, but I still have the one from Voom. I even had my own OTA antenna and he gave me the one for the normal install. Not only did he give me the diplexor that I did not need, he gave me some coax cables too with connecters and told me how it functions in case I ever need it.

My installer even gave me his cell phone number. How awesome is that?

I would find the biggest whistle in the world and blow it as loud as I could on this guy. What he did, and apparently continues to do, is steal equipment from customers. He should be terminated immediately, and prosecuted if there is enough proof.

Ice--you may want to have your friend check the OTA installation. The amplifier is another item that could find its way into somebody's pocket.

The Stone Man said:
I would find the biggest whistle in the world and blow it as loud as I could on this guy. What he did, and apparently continues to do, is steal equipment from customers. He should be terminated immediately, and prosecuted if there is enough proof.

Ice--you may want to have your friend check the OTA installation. The amplifier is another item that could find its way into somebody's pocket.

Well guess what!. The stealth did not come with a amp and the installer said he could sell him one for 40.00. My friend told him he would rather upgrade so we called voom.

I have reported him by name to the people that be. Guess its up to them.
I have another nieghbor being installed Thursday afternoon. I will swing by and see if its the same guy and maybe record him or something.
Kinda by the hero of all lawful installers out there.!

I will keep all informed.

as an installer i will have to say that the money isnt that great...nor is it bad enough to steal eqipment from customers....everything in that box belongs to the customer when he is installed ....whether or not it is used ...the only time i take back equipment (ota antenna,cables,etc)is when customer expressly states he/she does not want them....please continue to report such installers as they give the rest of a bad name

My installer gave me everything! even let me unpack all the boxes and hook up the recievers while he assembled the dish. Id say your installer is a crook and you need to have him prosecuted. Or Voom does. He is stealing vooms goods and selling them. If you bought it he stole from you and you should call the police and have him arrested.

As important is the fact that if someone decides to get de-installed, I would think it's suffice to presume that V* expects all the components of the 'kit' to be returned to them. That includes cables, antenna, STB etc.. If I were the company (V*) I would have a replacement fee charge set-up for every component not returned during a de-install.

THat is sickening. I have been on three service calls for VOOM with people saying the the picture quality sucks. I get there and they don't have the DVI or comp. cables hooked up, strictly coax! All of them don't even have the cables and say that the installer leave any for them. One of the houses had 4 boxes, no cables. So, my boss called VOOM, who in turn called the first installer and made them bring them over to the customers house and explain why he took them and didn't hook them up. I was there for one of them, it was pretty funny :)

Hmm, My installer didn't use the diplexor and my TV does not have DVI input. The installer didn't leave either one. I had two stb's installed so I should have two DVI cables and the diplexor?
He didn't leave either one, I wonder what they did with them? Mabe I should see if I can find them on e-bay?

My installer tried to hook the STB to the HDTV with a coax, and when I asked him to use the DVI cable that was supposed to come with the STB he said that Voom was cheap and was not offering the cable. Good thing I had my own cable from my previous STB. Installer made off with the DVI cable. Called Voom and complained. Voom is sending out another installer with a DVI cable.

Hello

My install is scheduled for June 3 - two STB's. :D This is a great site, very informative.
I'm wondering if someone can post a list compiling everything you should receive at the time of the install. I would like to know incase I get a bad installer :dev that whats to charge for equipment thats part of the package.

Thanks, Rick

iceshark said:
Well guess what!. The stealth did not come with a amp and the installer said he could sell him one for 40.00. My friend told him he would rather upgrade so we called voom.

I have reported him by name to the people that be. Guess its up to them.
I have another nieghbor being installed Thursday afternoon. I will swing by and see if its the same guy and maybe record him or something.
Kinda by the hero of all lawful installers out there.!

I will keep all informed.

It would be funny to show up in a mask, a cape, and a superhero suit with the Voom emblem on it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts