My Offers from DirecTV and Time Warner Cable

joep said:
He then offered HD-DVR to me at a discounted price of $850. Needless to say I was upset with the entire situation. I wish I had taken up the other person’s offer the night before. I don’t think I am willing to spend $850 on the HD-DVR especially with the limited number of HD channels from DirecTV.

If you check in the D* forum on this site you'll find some people have been successfully getting service credits of $200 (or even $250, though I'm skeptical of that), and then buying the HR10-250 from Value Electronics for $850 (including shipping). That brings the effective price down to $650. Still too rich for my blood, but a darn sight better than the $999 list price.

I can understand being frustrated, but I had a similar conversation with a D* CSR. I had to push to make them clarify that the DVR they were offering for $49 was *not* HD. I already have an SD-Tivo, so I don't need another SD-DVR.

CDH.

Oh, forgot the best part. The installer kept eyeing my DTV Tivo unit saying "Want me to take that one", I said no you get this box here (8-9yr old single tuner non DVR box). I don't know why he was sooo persistant trying to talk me into giving him that one instead. Think he asked like 3 times but I held my ground and said "NO, the person I placed order with said to give you my oldest or unused unit not my newest one so thats all you get". :D Maybe they get Brownie points based on the type of unit they bring back? Heck I may need the Tivo later on if DTV gets its stuff together or Im sure I could sell it for more than a 9 yr old box heh