My Offers from DirecTV and Time Warner Cable

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
joep said:
He then offered HD-DVR to me at a discounted price of $850. Needless to say I was upset with the entire situation. I wish I had taken up the other person’s offer the night before. I don’t think I am willing to spend $850 on the HD-DVR especially with the limited number of HD channels from DirecTV.

If you check in the D* forum on this site you'll find some people have been successfully getting service credits of $200 (or even $250, though I'm skeptical of that), and then buying the HR10-250 from Value Electronics for $850 (including shipping). That brings the effective price down to $650. Still too rich for my blood, but a darn sight better than the $999 list price.

I can understand being frustrated, but I had a similar conversation with a D* CSR. I had to push to make them clarify that the DVR they were offering for $49 was *not* HD. I already have an SD-Tivo, so I don't need another SD-DVR.

CDH.

Oh, forgot the best part. The installer kept eyeing my DTV Tivo unit saying "Want me to take that one", I said no you get this box here (8-9yr old single tuner non DVR box). I don't know why he was sooo persistant trying to talk me into giving him that one instead. Think he asked like 3 times but I held my ground and said "NO, the person I placed order with said to give you my oldest or unused unit not my newest one so thats all you get". :D Maybe they get Brownie points based on the type of unit they bring back? Heck I may need the Tivo later on if DTV gets its stuff together or Im sure I could sell it for more than a 9 yr old box heh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts