SOme Observation Regarding 625 & 942

WJMorales

WJMorales

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 20, 2003
Huntley Illinois
Small Observation Regarding 625 & 942

No new info, but Dish has posted the software versions for these models. Anyone of release dates, yet?

TuxCoder

TuxCoder

Collector of Space Beams
Supporting Founder
Jul 8, 2004
Dayton, OH
WJMorales said:
Anyone of release dates, yet?
I of release dates somewhat. ;) From this thread (titled "942's Available March 19th", near the top since it has been active today), you'll see in the first line of the opening post:
Scott Greczkowski said:
I just got word that a very LIMITED number of 942's (Less then 500) will be released on or around March 19th.
:)

As for the 625, the latest word I see on this forum is it is expected sometime this month.

And I have to admit, the title did sucker me. By "Some Observation Regarding 625 & 942", I was envisioning some kind of neat functionality info from a beta tester of these units. :(

gpflepsen

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
I was hoping to see something along the lines of "remove the rear panel of the 625 and you will see a buss connector for a DVI connector. Just hook it up and you'll have HD. Plus the 625 has an OTA DTV tuner built in too!!!"

S

Smith P.

On Vacation
Oct 4, 2003
Bay Area, CA
I wouldn't hold my breath, such HW modification should be supported by software.
I would say no chances to get out HDTV signal from SD receiver; it will be pretty easy test: try to see HD channel in a guide.

gpflepsen

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
Smith said:
I wouldn't hold my breath, such HW modification should be supported by software.
I would say no chances to get out HDTV signal from SD receiver; it will be pretty easy test: try to see HD channel in a guide.

Now, I wasn't in the least bit serious. Just playing with the threads and the thread title.

Here's a :D which I ommited from my above post. :D