Some OTA DirecTV Local Channels Unavailable

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Former Cbandguy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Oakville, CT
I have the DirecTV H20 receiver with an OTA antenna input on this receiver. I have connected my off air antenna cable directly into this receiver to receive local off air channels. After scanning for channels most of my local channels have been picked up through this receiver.

But I am now noticing that I have some local off air channels with no picture or any information regarding these channels on the DirecTV channel grid guide. When I check the signal strength on these particular channels it appears to be very strong yet I don't receive any signal.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to consider a general OTA receiver rather than using the DirecTV receiver for better reception of off-air reception.

Is it possible that DirecTV prevents certain off-air channels from being received through their receiver?

Have you tried to reboot the receiver to see if a reload of the guide will fix the issue?

I have reset the receiver a number of times and no improvement with these channels.

Did you rescan several times, too? The reason I asked is here in Indianapolis I could not receive 13-01 on either Dish or DirecTV after the cut-off but all other OTA channels were just fine. I rescanned both DVRs and got it on D* not E. It took three Local scans on the DISH VIP 622 to finally find it. Thought maybe the great AM-21 off air tuner from D* might have been the reason.

Just wait a few days for Tribune and the stations to get their act together. Although most stations made the transition OK and the database was correct there are some that did not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)