Some pics for the Dish/Electronics Sleuths...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DWS44

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2004
Rock Hill, SC
So...been considering selling my house if I could find one I liked with a bigger garage. Today I went and looked at one that seemed promising. It was owned by an older gentleman who apparently recently passed away and being sold by his daughters. Anyways...it had a "DishHD" Dish on the roof (No LNBs), and there were two lines from the dish running to the house (no telling where to) and an unfamiliar (to me) box on the side of the house. Curious what you Dish sleuths might be able to decipher from these pics:

1582998764179.png

1582999023087.png

Didn't have a screwdriver with me to get into the box on the left, but I was more curious about what the "Alpha" box on the right might be? Sat-related? Closer look...

1582999278355.png

Another piece of "Alpha" equipment in the garage as well (pic below)...related perhaps? The text on the plug only said "Telephone Equipment Do Not Remove"

1582999332020.png

So...any thoughts from the electronics sleuths? :hungry

Interesting...thanks! I knew the neighborhood was a fiber neighborhood, but since my neighborhood is not, I've never seen or had any fiber equipment. My current neighborhood was one of the last neighborhood developments completed before they started rolling out fiber to new developments, and they've never bothered coming back and adding fiber.

That adapter looks like old Fiber equipment, somebody asked for their LNB back, after they cancelled. Surprisingly somebody went and removed it, does Dish actually do service calls to remove LNB's?

Sent from my SM-975U using the SatelliteGuys app!

That adapter looks like old Fiber equipment, somebody asked for their LNB back, after they cancelled. Surprisingly somebody went and removed it, does Dish actually do service calls to remove LNB's?

Sent from my SM-975U using the SatelliteGuys app!
I've had work orders to pick up all equipment, including removal of the dish

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts