Some Previously Lost BEV HD Channels Again Available in CA

M Law

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 30, 2003
After struggling for days to resolve a non-existent switch problem (see Help with Switch Problem), I had resigned myself to having to give up on ExpressVu and move to StarChoice. Not that I think Star Choice is a lesser provider, but the hassle of changing companies was something I was not looking forward to.

Got in from work last night, and low and behold, the HD CBS East feed I has lost was back! I thought it might be worth a scan of all the HD channels to see what else may have come back, and what did I find, almost all HD channels are back! Sorry I can't list them all here (I forgot to bring the note with me to work today), but I have all the US HD East feeds except for PBS, and I have all the US HD West feeds except ABC. Of the Canadian channels, I was missing a sport channel, a French channel, a Global and a CTV. Everything else was there.

My signal strength also went up 10 points on every transponder (evens).

What a surprise! So if you are like me, in CA (fringe) and you predominantly watch the US nets in HD, then it could be worth a look to see what you may have regained. Of course as Iceberg warned about ExpressVu, here today, gone tomorrow, so who knows if they will leave well enough alone. All I know is, I am enjoying it now.

Nimiq4 will be replace the "space junk" currently at 82 degrees, in 2008 (assuming a successful launch). Hopefully things won't get worse before then!

-Mike

I am in LA and these are the HD channels I cannot get. But I get a lot more than last week so I too will put of the SC purchase for NOW.

800 CTVHE
803 CTYHE
809 TRESR
810 OASIS
819 PBSHE
820 NBCHW
821 ABCHW
823 FOXHW
828 HLDAY
846 SNHD3
847 SENHD
849 RAPHD
851 SN-HD
860 SRCHE
870 FETES

As I mentioned in the Digi's last uplink report, this last shuffle really helped me here in Florida. I'm getting more HD channels now than ever. Here is my list of what I'm missing here.

819 PBSHE
828 HLDAY
846 SNHD3
847 SENHD
870 FETES

Can I get an update on what transponders you guys in CA and FL can not receive? I'd like to update my list for the uplink reports. Please list both satellite positions when you get a chance. Thanks.

From San Jose, California:

The BLSA shows no signals on Transponders 1,3,5,7,11,15,21,27,29,31

It does show signals on Transponders 9 and 25, but I can't lock them.

All other Transponders are ok.

From San Luis Obispo, CA (half way between San Fran/San Jose & LA) using a 20" or 50CC antenna:

No signal on any odd transponder at all, except for an occasional hit on 13, which will lock at a signal strength of 52. Check it 5 minutes later, no signal at all.
Even transponders all locked and have consistent signal strength of 68-76.

No signal on even transponders 04, 08, 10, 12, 18, 22, 24, 26.
All others lock with a signal strength of 70-84.

Receiving HD Channels:
862 – TQSHD
861 – TVAHD
852 – SNHD2
851 – SN-HD
847 – SENHD
845 – SCRHD
825 – WGNHD
824 – PBSHW
823 – FOXHW
822 – CBSHW
820 – NBCHW
818 – FOXHE
817-CBSHE
816 – ABCHE
815 – NBCHE
810 – Oasis
809 – Tresr
806 – CTVHD
803 – CTYHE
802 – CBCHE
801 - GLBHE

Just curious: is RDS still on TP26 on the 91? I'm in SJ, CA and was using BEV until they messed with RDS (gotta get my Habs). I struggled with Starchoice and have now resigned myself to Center Ice on DirectTV (sigh).

BTW, if anyone wants a used but still in good condition BEV receiver with dish and 50ft of cable, it's all yours.

I'm relatively new to all of this, but I just checked and there are 38 channels (all on 91) that I'm not getting... Would this have anything to do with shuffling by BEV and is there a FAQ somewhere on this site that will explain all of this?

I'm just two hours south of Montreal, so I'm not having the Calif., Fla problems, I don't think.

thanks!

As I mentioned in the Digi's last uplink report, this last shuffle really helped me here in Florida. I'm getting more HD channels now than ever. Here is my list of what I'm missing here.

819 PBSHE
828 HLDAY
846 SNHD3
847 SENHD
870 FETES

Hey Angiodan,also from the cape!:)

:welcome butterball!

Maybe I should change my location from the 5th fastest growing city to the 5the fastest city people are running away from!

Do you have Evu?

Last edited:
Anyone know what the current status of getting the 82 sat in Northern Cal is?

Can ya get all the transponders?

Thanx!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)