Some Spike HD Info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Bummer. I love Spike. Even if the shows I like are upconverted they will still look better than my old set

D* says spike HD will be added by the end of this year on their site.
DIRECTV: DIRECTV - HD Programming. :confused:

I've been told by a few contacts at D* that many channel may launch in more of a preview/test mode for a month or so before the channels official launch. This may also be done on any cable or satellite company as well. So if Spike plans to launch their HD channel in January of 2008 I would assume this would be the "official" launch of the network by Spike. So that doesn't mean that D* and other companies cannot or won't add the channel a month before that as a preview/test.

I've been told that both USA Network HD and SciFi HD will be in a preview/test mode until close to the end of the year. This means that both networks won't have much advertising of the channel nor will they provide an official web area for their HD channels. My point of view is that I would rather it be done this way and at least enjoy them for a few months. The issue is that most of the general public will be unaware that they exist until close to years end unless they see the channel in their program guide.

It's on HDNet.

HDNet has HDNet fights, which isn't bad but that is not UFC, it is the equivalent of AAA baseball. I do like the show Inside MMA that HD Net added.

I can not wait for Spike to go HD and shows like The Ultimate Fighter and Ultimate Fight Nights are in 1080!

TNA has been told they need to be HD in 6 months, for what it is worth.

I work at the post house where the show is done.

TNA has been told they need to be HD in 6 months, for what it is worth.

I work at the post house where the show is done.
Nothing like watching sub-par and out-of-prime wrestlers competing in HD beauty. Between Scott Steiner and Kevin Nash's gray hairs, Jeff Jarrett's wrinkles, and Jim Cornett's physique.. this may be a mixed blessing. :rolleyes:

Hopefully if anything it'll inspire the WWE to jump to HD as well.

HDNet has HDNet fights, which isn't bad but that is not UFC, it is the equivalent of AAA baseball. I do like the show Inside MMA that HD Net added.

I can not wait for Spike to go HD and shows like The Ultimate Fighter and Ultimate Fight Nights are in 1080!
Wouldn't fast action like UFC be better in 720p?

Watching half naked, sweaty men roll around on the ground together in booty shorts does'nt make you gay, but it sure makes you look that way. :D

Nothing like watching sub-par and out-of-prime wrestlers competing in HD beauty. Between Scott Steiner and Kevin Nash's gray hairs, Jeff Jarrett's wrinkles, and Jim Cornett's physique.. this may be a mixed blessing. :rolleyes:

Hopefully if anything it'll inspire the WWE to jump to HD as well.

Like the WWE is any better anymore. They are both guilty of putting out a subpar product. RAW's 2.8 rating this week shows finally the hardcore fans are sick of it too and starting to crack. I stopped watching a year ago and may give them a chance again when they go HD but I'm not holding my breath it's going to be any better than when I stopped watching. I still keep up via news sites on stuff.

Like the WWE is any better anymore. They are both guilty of putting out a subpar product. RAW's 2.8 rating this week shows finally the hardcore fans are sick of it too and starting to crack. I stopped watching a year ago and may give them a chance again when they go HD but I'm not holding my breath it's going to be any better than when I stopped watching. I still keep up via news sites on stuff.
I miss the days of the high 5 ratings of the late 90s...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)