Some Stats Since Our Move

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not see how the average page load time could have been 7.73 seconds, it is about 1 second or less for me.
That time was including loading ads. :)

Being s Pub Member has its benefits.
Almost (8) seconds to load a page ? :coco:coco Isn't that disconcerting ? Imagine a first-time visitor, who obviously can't be a Pub Member, and they see what is basically a really, slow site.

On a different note, none of the top 5 pages that visitors go to are Dish-related.... I did just search "fifa dish network" and this site comes up # 4 for me. I suspect that search is by Dish customers who are trying to find what channel the matches are on too. Reading that thread, it has just (6) posts !! I'm surprised it's ranked that high in Google's results.

Reactions: TheKrell
Maybe it is just because I am close to the server (it is still in Dallas correct?), but I tried in private browsing and did searches and clicked through, but page loads only took about 2 seconds even with the ads.

Physical location doesn't mean that much. I'm in Ohio and my routing to this server could be quicker/shorter than yours. It all depends on your ISP, peering, etc.

Maybe it is just because I am close to the server (it is still in Dallas correct?), but I tried in private browsing and did searches and clicked through, but page loads only took about 2 seconds even with the ads.
Nope the servers are in Lansing, Michigan. :)

And here is a list of our cloud servers (CDN) http://www.maxcdn.com/company/network/

Nope the servers are in Lansing, Michigan.
This is hosted by the same company that DSL Reports uses. I remember when they switched... Liquidweb has a rather "unique" setup. A lot of people questioned the decision to move to them but I think it's been fine (they did have an outage last week - not sure who/what was to blame though).

Status
Not open for further replies.