Someone please explain how Voom allocates bandwidth

bruce said:
I think the biggest point is the 1440 x 1080i resolution.

No its not the biggest point. Its your only point, and you only have evidence of it on the exclusives. And now with no evidence you should stop spewing your misinformation about Vooms bitrate cutting and downrezzing all of the HD channels. Its getting old.:rolleyes:

ripit said:
This is similar to a car with an onboard computer that calculates fuel mileage. There is the instant and average readout. The instant reading is pretty much useless. And the average does not mean that you never get mileage that is better than that number, but that taking into account peak usage and times when you are coasting, this is the amount of gas that you use on average over time. At any given time the intant reading will either higher or lower than the average depending on whether you are accelerating, coasting, going uphill or downhill, etc.

exactly

vurbano said:
No its not the biggest point. Its your only point, and you only have evidence of it on the exclusives. And now with no evidence you should stop spewing your misinformation about Vooms bitrate cutting and downrezzing all of the HD channels. Its getting old.:rolleyes:

Dude, your the one who started the thread here, not me, if you did not what it to be discussed, why start it here then.

bruce said:
Dude, your the one who started the thread here, not me, if you did not what it to be discussed, why start it here then.

Yes I did start it. And exactly for the purpose it has achieved. I hope you have learned from it. You have over the past week or so continually stated that Voom is cutting its bitrate and downrezzing everything to 1440x1080i and then pointed to Rods website as some sort of proof. Doing that in that manner is a total misrepresentation of the facts.:rolleyes:

vurbano said:
Yes I did start it. And exactly for the purpose it has achieved. I hope you have learned from it. You have over the past week or so continually stated that Voom is cutting its bitrate and downrezzing everything to 1440x1080i and then pointed to Rods website as some sort of proof. Doing that in that manner is a total misrepresentation of the facts.:rolleyes:

Find one post where I said everything, and in my posts at AVS about the bitrate, I remember using the word varies.

Now in that post, I also said it about D* and posted a link to the prove (and I don't see you trying to attack me on that), as I did with V*, if I was trying to hide anything, why did I post the link then.

Voom's own website says 1920x 1080i, you are not getting it on all your channels like promised, I like to see you go after them like you do D*, even through you don't have D*, you flame just about every thread at AVS about D*'s HD picture.

bruce said:
Find one post where I said everything, and in my posts at AVS about the bitrate, I remember using the word varies.

Now in that post, I also said it about D* and posted a link to the prove (and I don't see you trying to attack me on that), as I did with V*, if I was trying to hide anything, why did I post the link then.

Voom's own website says 1920x 1080i, you are not getting it on all your channels like promised, I like to see you go after them like you do D*, even through you don't have D*, you flame just about every thread at AVS about D*'s HD picture.

wrong again Bruce. Vooms website does NOT promise 1920 on all channels. Once again either you cannot comprehend the facts or grossly misrepresent them to a point where it borders on lying.

vurbano said:
wrong again Bruce. Vooms website does NOT promise 1920 on all channels. Once again either you cannot comprehend the facts or grossly misrepresent them to a point where it borders on lying.

HDTV is more than just digital TV. It's wide screen, high resolution digital TV with the most picture detail available in a broadcast signal. Regular digital TV gives you a 705 x 485 picture at best; HDTV delivers resolution as high as 1920 x 1080 (VOOM HD Originals, for example). When you see true HD, the difference is clear. Don't be fooled by providers who try to pass off their digital TV as HDTV.

http://www.voom.com/hdrc/fact_or_fiction.shtml

Then we have this:

VOOM is built to harness the most advanced methods of signal transmission, bringing you the highest quality HD and SD images in the industry.

Would not be 1920 x 1080i be the highest quality HD, not 1440 x 1080i .

bruce said:
HDTV is more than just digital TV. It's wide screen, high resolution digital TV with the most picture detail available in a broadcast signal. Regular digital TV gives you a 705 x 485 picture at best; HDTV delivers resolution as high as 1920 x 1080 (VOOM HD Originals, for example). When you see true HD, the difference is clear. Don't be fooled by providers who try to pass off their digital TV as HDTV.

http://www.voom.com/hdrc/fact_or_fiction.shtml

Then we have this:

VOOM is built to harness the most advanced methods of signal transmission, bringing you the highest quality HD and SD images in the industry.

Would not be 1920 x 1080i be the highest quality HD, not 1440 x 1080i .

"AS HIGH AS" means that that resolution can approach 1920 not that every channel is 1920.

Boo with your logic you should be jumping into action against D* touting that everyone will recieve UP TO 1500 new HD channels :rolleyes: Maybe you should lead a class action lawsuit against them?

vurbano said:
"AS HIGH AS" means that that resolution can approach 1920 not that every channel is 1920.

Agreed. There are 18 digital TV standards. Although there is SDTV, EDTV, & HDTV all 3 have different standards. I think HDTV has 6 different standards not all of them are 1920 X 1080i

vurbano said:

It did not just say " as High as" it said "as high as 1920 x 1080 (VOOM HD Originals, for example)" that implies that Voom's channels are 1920 x 1080i, which they are not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)