Someone Used My Phone Number...

Larobpra

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
North of "Upstate NY"
... to set up a Dish account.

Last week got a recorded call from UPS to have equipment ready for pickup. Of course they never stopped here as we have never had Dish. Today I get a recorded call from Dish saying the card that was used to sign up was going to be charged. I tried calling the 800 number given to get my number out of their database, but got the computer generated "customer service" guy that just won't let me go further without verifying my phone number is connected to a Dish account - which I would not do. So how do I go about getting in touch with a live person at Dish to get my number removed or do I just disregard it as I haven't ever had nor desire to have their service?

You should hear an option "existing customer" and "new customer". Try the new customer option. They should be able to direct your call.

Can you buy me pizzas too:)

I have had calls asking about the pizza I ordered from FAR AWAY:(

No doubt a typo when they set up the account

I wouldn't worry about it, as long as your name, credit card, SSN, or address is not listed on the account.

Worse thing that will happen is you will get a few automated calls if whoever used your phone number didn't pay their bill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)