Someone who has C band setup....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pwrbasc

Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
Could someone who has a C Band setup check the following channels for me to see if they are able to be heard or if they are scrambled?
I am trying to locate a southern gospel radio station out of Nashville. From what I can tell from lyngsat, they are free. The channels I am interested to find out if they work are the ones listed as Salem Radio Network.

4043 H
tp 17

DVB 7140-?
C J Smith 2

Information Radio Network
261 E
VCY America
280 E
Moody Bible Radio 1

1276 E
Focus on the Family Radio Network 1

1553 E
Moody Bible Radio 2

1746 E
Salem Radio Network 4
2592 E
Salem Radio Network B
3719 E
Ambassador 2
40.9 E
Focus on the Family Radio Network 3

4368 E
Salem Radio Network 2
4972 E
Salem Radio Network 3
5029 E
Ambassador 1
5181 E
Salem Radio Network C
5587 E
Focus on the Family Radio Network 2

6139 E
Salem Radio Network A
7249 E
Thanks for your help,

Gary

yes they are free. I get them on the 6 footer just fine. Havent listened to them recently but they are there :)

Thanks Iceberg.....

Are any of those Solid Gospel?
If this is the case, I am putting in a 6 footer :)

Will any of the FTA receivers available work with C Band?

Thanks again for your help,

Gary

Last edited:
Not sure about Solid Gospel... At first I didn't think I could get them with the CoolSat 6000 because they didn't show up in a blind scan... I finally figured out that it scans them in on one entry and you have to switch between the audio signals... just threw me a (learning) curve...

I havent tuned to them recently but yes any FTA receiver will work for them

14karat...they are one audio channel but multiple streams on it ;)

yes they are free. I get them on the 6 footer just fine. Havent listened to them recently but they are there :)

I wouldn't be so confident. Some of the services have transitioned to a IP system while others have stayed as DVB audio. I don't recall off the top of my head if SRN has converted to IP or is still in DVB audio, at least for now if they have plans to convert.

At least the good thing about buying a cheap DVB-S receiver is if SRN goes IP, the receiver is still good for lots of other video and audio services. It's not just tied to SRN or that particular mux of channels.

skysurfer

recently as in the last week (last Saturday) I had them on....They're at 1/2 FEC so even at a very low quality (20) I still heard them just fine

skysurfer

recently as in the last week (last Saturday) I had them on....They're at 1/2 FEC so even at a very low quality (20) I still heard them just fine

ok, they are dvb audio for now. If they are scheduled for conversion, they'll go to IP and then the OP will have to use the receiver for other things. I don't have any info either way right now about SRN being scheduled to stay in dvb audio or going to IP.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts