somethign else interesting the CS rep just told me

djjsin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2004
I just got off the phone with voom trying to figure out whats going on with my credit, and i started talking to the CS rep, about getting a second room box installed. Since an installer would have to come out, just to see i asked him how long till the eliptical dishs are available to recieve the signals from rainbow 2 (so i could get a second box, and an eliptical dish at the same time and not have to deal with the installers twice). He was fully aware of what rainbow 2 was, and stated that the Customer Service reps have been specifically told that No new hardware will be needed to start recieving the channels on rainbow 2 when they are offered. Once it is offered, all voom customers should not have a problem recieving all the channels on both satellites with the currently installed hardware.

Now i know this goes against what you guys are saying, I know you going to say don't listen to the customer service rep, they don't know anything, but i thought it was interesting enough to throw it out there.

I was told that same thing by a CSR as well so I asked Wilt in the Yahoo Group for clarification. You can see the post there. He said the CSR was wrong and that a new dish would be required for any channels on the second satellite. You would think that he would have sent a message to the person writing the scripts for the CSR's