Something has happened

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

N3KTH

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
Well, My Dish is generally pointed at 97, which has really become my major source for news anymore. It's been up there at good 3 years on the roof, caught the whole band, and has always gone well.,.. I drop down to 95 and catch CCTV once in awhile or up to 101 to catch the Pentagon Channel. I also watch the Patient Channel on 87, and like News one on 91.

The other day I thought I'd drop on down and check out the NBC Feeds on 72 and ............ Nothing. I popped up to catch Tuff and RTV on 83. Again Nothing. Back to 97 and all the channels are in strong (70-85 on the old Fortec Lifetime)... 101 is still there and strong - as is 123. So I popped up to 125 to catch PBS and again, NOTHING... ?????????????????

Playing around, I took the settings off of USALS and tried to bump the dish on each bird that wasn't coming in - Still Nothing. Rescanned. It found maybe one transponder, very very weak....

I assume the dish has somehow moved, sagged, or otherwise (No sure how, it is really bolted down tight), but it must be a change in elevation, right?? It's like as strong as every in the center of the arc but both ends are weak or totally gone.

I'm going to have to get up there and play with it, but what is the starting point and what could of happened...

Thanks in Advance!

Al

125 to catch PBS and again, NOTHING
All is DVB-S2 now.(except for some feeds now and then)
Sounds like the tracking is off. Going off the arc on the east side. 3 yrs without a 'tune up', is pretty good. Say it's time for one.

OK LOL... I know this is nuts, but I went out and had my brother in law push up on the dish with a stick :) I now have the entire band back.. hahahahahahahaha

So, Tomorrow, I will get the latter out, get up there, and do a little more permanent repair!! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts