Something I Drug out of a CSR &A SV

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
Ok , I am one of the people who is more or less happy with voom and i don't think I ever remember if I have really complained about , PQ, A & V Dropouts , Picture breakups and box lock ups , but Ido have them , I am sure I have said Yes I have that as well, or something in that line ( I hope thats all I said, lol) So here we go , They got my bill wrong and I was ok with that because I was suppose to be credit $40 for the problem , well I check my bill and guess what its not there and my bill has gone from $52.20 to $52.86 , Now I am a little P'Oed so I called tonight around 5 PM and I ask whats going on so I get this we will escalate it to billing , I SAID NO ( Sorry for yeahing) I am not getting off the phone until this is fixed and I get answer's I told here I read a lot of post about billing problems on this site and I read that no one gets a call back from billing, I was getting very upset an hour now on the phone with voom and still a run around , the CSR really wanted to get off the phone with me ,again I said no, She ask me to hold on , she then came back on and said I have been credit & wanted to know if she could get off the phone , I again said NO , Now want to know why my bill has gone from 52.20 to 52.86 she said it just has and theres no reason why that she knows of, Here's where it gets good ( Bye the way Sorry for this being so long) I said I want the # to the billing department and I want it NOW, she said you are talking to the billing department, I said what ? She repeated it and I said why is everyone told they will be contacted by the billing department to fix the problems they might be having knowing they have the power to fix things right there and she said this is what they are told to tell everyone , but she still was not allowed to tell me why my bill has changed, I said well we are not done with this conversation until I know , she then told me to hold on , Now a Super Visor gets on and pull's up my bill and tells me why and I ask so this is also the billing department as well and she said yes . By the way they told me my state sales tax has gone up and it has not , this is the reason I was given for the increase. Agian sorry for the long post . I Like voom but there making it hard form me to keep.

Thank you for the post LOBO. Basically what I get out of your post is once you have a CSR on the phone a person should keep them on the phone till the problem is resolved. Fortunately I have not had any billing problems but I only do paper billing. That is just me I do not do any electronic payments except when it is an internal payment thru my bank.

LOBO2999 said:
The bottom line is that Costumer support is also the billing department .
I am pretty sure this is NOT the case, regardless of what the CSR told you. It doesn't make ANY sense. CSRs can handle some billing problems but it doesn't make them "the billing department". :)

andrzej said:
I am pretty sure this is NOT the case, regardless of what the CSR told you. It doesn't make ANY sense. CSRs can handle some billing problems but it doesn't make them "the billing department". :)
And I am pretty sure, that the real billing department is closed on Saturdays an is not allowed to take calls from customers anyway... ;)

Well , you all might be right, but I ask many times for the number to billing until I was told that this is also the billing department ,as well told by a Super visor , The bottom line is we all get the run around when it comes to billing problems .

Lobo,

as far as I know the call center is mostly dedicated to take in order and technical support. Most CSRs have been asking for billing training because right now most csrs do not know how to do it. There's one person at the call center who deals with billing issues but I am not sure if this person was the one that you talked to.

isnt there more than one call center, i know one in WAshington DC and one here in san antonio???
i wonder if they use there existing cable companys billing dept to bill us??and the reast are just plain old subcontracted incoming customer service call centers ?

Technut said:
isnt there more than one call center, i know one in WAshington DC and one here in san antonio???
i wonder if they use there existing cable companys billing dept to bill us??and the reast are just plain old subcontracted incoming customer service call centers ?

both of the call centers are sub-contractors. I do not think is the same billing department but I am not quite sure of that; yes, as far I as know there are only two call centers.

Maybe I got lucky and got that one person, but they should be able to give us a number to the billing center instead of having to e-mail Wilt or someone else to get help he has enough on his plate I would think so. ,

LOBO2999 said:
Maybe I got lucky and got that one person, but they should be able to give us a number to the billing center instead of having to e-mail Wilt or someone else to get help he has enough on his plate I would think so. ,
LOBO, typically billing departments have no people to deal with customers directly and have no authority to make changes to your account.

I did get my credit but they are still saying that my Zip code shows that my sales tax has gone up and it has not , I live outside of Atlanta and I do know the sales tax has gone up in the city but my Zip does not show Atlanta Just a GA zip , so part of it is fixed but not the other and I am not sure how to get it fixed it is only a .66cents difference but to me its .66 cents a month extra

I know what you mean.....good luck
see if they will send you something in writing stating what your sales tax is

Ok I just got off the phone again with Voom and the post-(Originally Posted by andrzej
I am pretty sure this is NOT the case, regardless of what the CSR told you. It doesn't make ANY sense. CSRs can handle some billing problems but it doesn't make them "the billing department"). He is right some of the CSR's are being train to help with some of the billing problems but they are limited I just talk to one that was willing to talk and try and help, but I am right about my Sales tax and they were wrong but it has to go to The billing people that handle this I told them they have a week to get back to me and get it fixed. I even e-mail them a copy of the GDOR that shows what my sales tax is , I hope they get it right. Thanks to all for letting me vent

rkr0923 said:
I know what you mean.....good luck
see if they will send you something in writing stating what your sales tax is
Something really sad about this is that I'm not supposed to get taxed for Satellite service in Texas and I am anyway. I'd be willing to bet that Voom is taking that as pure profit.

Yes it is , I just got off the phone with the Georgia Department of Revenue and Voom is not allowed to be charging sales tax on Programing in GA, now they can charge tax on equipment rental but that's it and this is why DirecTV does not charge me sales tax because I own the equipment , I don't know about dish. So I call voom and told them and sent them the info on this .Lets see what happens.

Man , I just figured out that they are not charging me 8% sales tax they have now started adding tax to the STB rental like they are allowed by Law , on top of the Program tax . $9.50 x .07 = .66 and this is how much my bill has gone up. So they have been over charging me $2.80 .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)