Something I encountered with Netflix I really don't like.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
In our FL home with a Roku stick. Watched a GOOD movie (The Scapegoat) and was eager to watch the credits. Well, like network TV, they got reduced to a small box in the upper left hand of the screen, and the rest was filled with a start screen for the next movie in my list, I guess. So mad, I just turned it off. Anybody else encountered this. I hope there is a way to stop it...too tired to pursue right now.

It does that on our Roku 3's too, I hate it. On the 3's, you can use the remote's directional buttons to move over to the reduced small box and then click OK and it will go full screen. It's still annoying though, because you have to do it fast to catch the beginning of the credits.

I'm wondering who is the source of this...Roku or Netflix. I would assume Netflix.

It does that in the PS3 and PS4 apps as well. But it's easy to use directional buttons to make the credits full screen again. Regardless, it really takes you out of the moment at the end of a good movie where you just want to bask in whatever thoughts or feelings you might be having while enjoying the end credits soundtrack.

Almost worse for me, however, is when I'm browsing on the PS3 or PS4, and I select a movie or TV show just to read the description, it automatically starts running in the background. Even if I quickly exit out after a few seconds, it will show up in my watched lists. So not only is my watch list cluttered with a bunch of TV shows and movies I will never watch, but now I suspect I'm getting recommendations based on them. "Because of the five seconds you watched X movie, here are 20 other similar movies you may like ..."

It does that in the PS3 and PS4 apps as well. But it's easy to use directional buttons to make the credits full screen again. Regardless, it really takes you out of the moment at the end of a good movie where you just want to bask in whatever thoughts or feelings you might be having while enjoying the end credits soundtrack.

Almost worse for me, however, is when I'm browsing on the PS3 or PS4, and I select a movie or TV show just to read the description, it automatically starts running in the background. Even if I quickly exit out after a few seconds, it will show up in my watched lists. So not only is my watch list cluttered with a bunch of TV shows and movies I will never watch, but now I suspect I'm getting recommendations based on them. "Because of the five seconds you watched X movie, here are 20 other similar movies you may like ..."

The Roku 3 does that auto start when browsing too, that is very annoying!

you can login to your Netflix account and edit the playback options to turn off Auto Play, that should stop it. I know I don't get it on my Roku 1 which does not support auto play but do on my sticks.

In our FL home with a Roku stick. Watched a GOOD movie (The Scapegoat) and was eager to watch the credits. Well, like network TV, they got reduced to a small box in the upper left hand of the screen, and the rest was filled with a start screen for the next movie in my list, I guess. So mad, I just turned it off. Anybody else encountered this. I hope there is a way to stop it...too tired to pursue right now.
Yep, it does that on my Hopper 3 system, also

It doesn't stop it. I did that a while back and just checked again to make sure. Still get auto playback on TiVo and LG 4k tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that is odd, must be app specific for those. when I turn off auto play next episode it does not do it on any of my devices including Iphone and ipads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts