Something Not Quite Right.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
Re-Installed 1.M dish with SG120 motor, Invacom QPH-031 and the microHD, and weird things are happening...The motor at times does not move, motor indicator sign says that is it "moving" but no satellites or channels are found.

Tried to multisatellites scanned from 72W to 116W, the receiver's indicates that it did reach the 116W, but actually it scanned only to 107W in which it was scanned three times in the process.

The motor is inconsistantly moving from satellite to satellite....Punched in channel numbers, "motor moving" indication appears but channels do not show up, "No signal" is very often the case.

Any idea of might be causing this to happen. I am running the coax cable from motor straight to the receiver, new coaxial connection, quality signal if and when, is about 65% to 73%.

Thanks

I have a love hate relationship with H-H motors. They start off good, and if you're lucky you'll get one that's really good, but if you're not lucky, it starts doing strange things on you. One thing I would do is a cold reset at the motor to the "0" position, but even before that, just make doubly sure the coaxial connections are not loose nor wet inside from all the rain!

Re-Installed 1.M dish with SG120 motor, Invacom QPH-031 and the microHD, and weird things are happening...The motor at times does not move, motor indicator sign says that is it "moving" but no satellites or channels are found. .....The motor is inconsistantly moving from satellite to satellite....Punched in channel numbers, "motor moving" indication appears but channels do not show up, "No signal" is very often the case......Any idea of might be causing this to happen. I am running the coax cable from motor straight to the receiver, new coaxial connection, quality signal if and when, is about 65% to 73%.
Thanks
Don't feel like you are the only one. Mine works almost the same way on the 1.2M Prodelin. I only have it moving from 87 to 102. About 5 sats. If I don't move it for a few days, I have to "rock it" to get it to move. Like it was stuck. So it must be something with these H to H motors.
Hope you find an answer....
RT

Mine does that on long cable runs. I moved it out near the back of my yard, about 75', brand new and good quality coax, and it started doing like you're describing. Moving it back near my house on a 15' run cured it.

I have a stab motor which I purchased in 2006, and have been extremely lucky. The only time I ever had issues was when I was using a dvb card to move it. Works fine with any STB for the whole arc. After reading the post by A Raine, I am going to guess its low power causing these issues.

Possible solutions: shorter coax run as stated earlier, RG6 quad shield with solid copper center conductor (less current loss due to the copper center conductor), RG11 (less current loss due to the larger gauge center conductor).

Hate to say this but the only reliable motors are the STAB brand! Long cable runs and heavy dishes will cause problems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)