Something Strange - Signal Loss

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pboggs

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Kentucky
About a week and a half ago I scanned in my channels for G-18. At that time it It was very overcast, and has either rained or snowed ever since.

Today it is clear and cold, and most of my channels have gained about 5 points signal quality except for one. CEA has steadily lost signal since I scanned it in. It started with 72, and today it has past the pixelation point (around 60 on my CS5000).

Does anyone know why all my channels except CEA would gain strength, and CEA has lost about 12 points on signal quality??????

Maybe weather at their uplink, or transmission problems with their uplink. Right now I'm getting that chan at 92 signal/99quality which is pretty high for me. Clear and cold here.

sounds like an uplink issue. I've seen stations do that (lose signal but everything else on that sat is fine)

Thanks Guys. I ordinarilly don't watch that channel, but I wanted to record a show later tonight. I guess I'll wait and see if it comes back up.

G18 had issues with certain transponders changing signal quality, on your Coolsat you might observe them around 80% quality one day and the next they would be around 65% and pixelating. The two main transponders doing this if I recall correctly were 11.720 and 11.805. This has been an ongoing issue ever since G18 was put in service, so I am not 100% convinced the uplink at the ground station is the problem, but could be. It could also be a problem with the new sat itself. However in the last few months it seems to be much more stable, 11805 seems to be bouncing a bit today.

I also read a comment from someone stating that the high powered output of this new bird could be cuasing some of the problems.

I do not think there is anything wrong with your dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.