Status
Please reply by conversation.

vfrjim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 23, 2005
Rhode Island
can we please bring this back on topic?

johnny...have you been able to try out any other features? How long does it take to blind scan a C-Band satellite like G16?

I'll do a comparison on G16 between the Sonicview 8k and Coolsat 5k this weekend and report back.

Thanks vfrjim! I have the Coolsat 5000 and I know that can be fast (but has been prone to missing things)

Thanks vfrjim! I have the Coolsat 5000 and I know that can be fast (but has been prone to missing things)

Had a chance to to test out the Blindscan on G16 (both Ku and C-band)

Sonicview 8k - Ku found same amount of channels as the Coolsat 5k, both were set to detail mode, the 8K took 16:05 and the 5K took 22:48.

C-band was different. Sonicview took 8:00 for Horizontal and found 102 channels but the Coolsat found only 57 channels in the same 8:00 time. The Sonicview took 8:30 for the Vertical transponders, finding 30 channels. The Coolsat found 18 channels in a time of 11:12 on vertical.

I scanned V and H separately on C-band due to my 922 4DTV receiver controls the polarity.

I really did not look at the ACTUAL channels themselves too see what channels were found differently between the two, maybe later I will list them. Any more tests, let me know.

Just a FYI: NO 4:2:2, identifies it as MPEG2 512i, but no video is displayed. This was a SD feed, but expect the same with an HD feed.

Does it tell you on the screen if its SD/HD and what ratio (480, 720, 1080)? I know the CS8K does

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts