sonicview 8000hd firmware cleaner?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

avg1joe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Southern Maine
I just bought a refurbished sonicview 8000hd off ebay with a best offer price of $160 ($100 less than what they are asking and this "unique" person has more). One of the first things I did was download and load the factory firmware via usb: v443_b207.

Without going into details the box appears to be displaying properties of other firmware still. Assuming that the factory firmware isn't hackware, is there some way to exercise the pirate spirits from my box. Do I need an old priest and a young priest? Ice mentioned that coolsat has a cleaner file. Is there such a thing for sonicview?

I just bought a refurbished sonicview 8000hd off ebay with a best offer price of $160 ($100 less than what they are asking and this "unique" person has more). One of the first things I did was download and load the factory firmware via usb: v443_b207.

Without going into details the box appears to be displaying properties of other firmware still. Assuming that the factory firmware isn't hackware, is there some way to exercise the pirate spirits from my box. Do I need an old priest and a young priest? Ice mentioned that coolsat has a cleaner file. Is there such a thing for sonicview?

What if you do a "factory reset" of all settings, REBOOT, then reload the factory firmware again? Perhaps maybe even doing it several times, and that might exorcise all the "evil pirate" spirits for you...

The factory version is hd8000_p_08Jan2008_v250_b203.I don't think the one you listed is the factory version.

I'm using Aug. 14 2008, v402 b207, and it's running good.
Didn't see any type of cleaners for the SV 8000, when looking around on the net.
I upgraded mine from the original factory firmware to the newer one.

That's a great price for an HD unit.
Is the seller named uniquevendors ?

My source was Sonicview USA - Support and I clicked on the icon which said Factory Firmware to download v443. Is this not the official sonicview site? What's the real one so that I can check for updates in the future. I believe it shipped with v250.

The seller was uniquevendors. Click on their feedback number to see some of the offers they have accepted like $175 for a pansat 9200. I missed that one.

I'm getting an over the air program guide with v443. Do you with v250?

Loaded v250 and scanned atsc. Didn't find a single channel. Pretty annoying when the factory firmware neuters half of the box's tuning capabilities.

The seller was uniquevendors. Click on their feedback number to see some of the offers they have accepted like $175 for a pansat 9200. I missed that one.

I did one for $149 and he countered offer at $189, thanks but no thanks :D

What type of OTA Antenna are you using with the ATSC Tuner?
There's a whole forum on satelliteguys discussing ota hdtv and antennas. You should check it out. You can even build your own. I forget what brand I have but its a small square white flat panel. The real key is to have the antenna outside, aim, and put a pre-amp on it ($10 shipped on ebay see the picture). Folks on here will tell you you need a brand name preamp. The $10 one took me from unwatchable to watchable. Just to be clear, the preamp is NOT amplifying the sat signal. Only the local tv.

After rambling, it just occured to me we may be missing each other's point. I receive local tv with v443, with a guide. I do not receive any local tv with v250.

I did one for $149 and he countered offer at $189, thanks but no thanks
I would have been bummed if someone got one for alot less than I did. Sounds like I was near the magic number.

Attachments

• TV Preamp.jpg
    TV Preamp.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 154
The factory version is hd8000_p_08Jan2008_v250_b203.I don't think the one you listed is the factory version.

that is at their web site now wildboy, but was not last month.

The v443 is factory firm ware, but for some reason it was pulled from the Sonic view web site, about a week ago, that file was released 25 of March, now I have not loaded into my SV here, I am not a big fan of changing when things are working fine, still using the Aug-14-2008 file.

now I did down load that file an do have it here, it is listed as "HD8000_P_25march2009_v443..." , now why Sonicview pulled it can not tell you why? have seen this before with other receiver company's, like Panerax, they came out with the 1013 file for the Pan-9000, an after a month they pulled it an was not on their web site, but brought it back about 4 months later.

If you're talking about a turbo 8psk card, then no. As far as I know it is the stock tuners and there don't appear to be any additional cards. I wonder how low priced these will go if N3 hits. I got tired of waiting.

I just offered $149.99 and it got accepted. I was wondering if yours came with an 8psk card?

wow he must be choosy with who he sells to then lol.
I was just trying to see if he would sell at a way lower price. I don't really need the receiver that bad as there isn't too much FTA "in the clear" HD content to begin with anyhow. :rolleyes:

If you're talking about a turbo 8psk card, then no. As far as I know it is the stock tuners and there don't appear to be any additional cards. I wonder how low priced these will go if N3 hits. I got tired of waiting.

I'm a little confused? Do you need an 8psk card for FTA or is this thing good to go right out of the box for FTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)