Sonicview 8000HD problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bart2brett

Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Waterloo, NY
I have just started to program my SV-8000HD and I'm having issues. I have a 10' C&Ku band motorized dish, and I'm moving it with a Gbox mover. The first thing I needed to do was to find a signal for a starting point. So after a lot of trial and error, I have found G19. So before moving on, I thought I'd try a scan on that bird. I am able to get 15 channels only on TP 12177 V 23000. But that's it! Now I know there are hundreds of channels on this satellite, any ideas of where I'm going wrong?

It sounds like you are hitting the button to scan a single TP from the antenna setup menu. Instead of scanning a single TP, have you tried to press the blue button on the remote to blind scan the entire satellite?

when you get to the tranponder that you have a signal on go to the signal meter screen and tweak the lnb skew/depth/dish position until you can max out the signal on that transponder. Then blind scan again and see what you get. I have that receiver and the tuner isn't super sensitive so your dish needs to be very close.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)