Sonicview FTA audio problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sfour001

Original poster
Feb 8, 2010
Thousand Oaks, CA
Yesterday I was succesful with picking up AMC 21 satellite signal for the first
time. I get a signal strength of 99 & quality 76. I'm getting a great picture, but
no audio. I've triple checked the A/V connections on both the tv & reciever.
I've been through the tv's setup menu several times & all looks good to go.
I'm using a Sonicview 360 Premier & talked with the people I got it from .
He said the audio from that satellite is digital & is output on the S/PDIF
port on the reciever. My tv is a Samsung TX-T2082 crt set. It's a few years old & has only RCA style audio inputs, I'm assuming analog. It does have a
USB port on the back, the manual says for software updating. Do I need
some some sort of digital to analog/RCA device or something? What do I
need to do to get sound with my picture?

Audio on most of the channels on 125W is AC-3, otherwise known as Dolby Digital. The Sonic Voom decoder Zamar23 mentioned above is probably the cheapest route, but if you already have a late-model audio system that will decode Dolby Digital, you can use that as well.

Thanks zamar & Tron for your help. I will get a Sonic Voom & try it out. Does it have an
AC3 optical input that will connect to my Sonicview 360 without modification & can I
connect the analog outputs to my TV RCA jacks for audio? I appreciate your help....Steve.

Read Cyberhome SonicVoom CH-SRD600R Specs at Geeks, and the Review at BigBruin.

It has Optical and Digital Coax IN ports, and two 3.5mm Stereo OUT ports, where you can connect "stereo plug - to - 2 RCA plugs" cable running to your CRT TV. You can also connect the supplied Headphones with 6 integrated compact speakers to the device's OUT port. They're sold quite cheap on EBay. ;)

One more thing-- make sure you have the latest firmware upgrade on your SV-360. The SPDIF output didn't work correctly with the May'08 release.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts