Sonicview HD8000 DVB-S2 w/A-1 board

Status
Please reply by conversation.

plan9

Original poster
May 25, 2008
I've just added one of the new single board DVB-S2 tuners to my HD8000 and am not having any success receiving signals with S2 modulation.

The factory firmware that I found didn't seem to support this board, so I downloaded some non-factory software, which does recognize the board.

While in the Dish Setting screen, I can sit on a DVB-S/QPSK transponder and see the S & Q values show realistic values, and if I remove the coaxial jumper between the L-Band output and the input to the 2nd tuner, the signal disappears... so I know that the new tuner is being used.

When I enter a DVB-S2 QPSK or 8PSK transponder, the S and Q values both drop to zero, which is something I've not seen the built in tuner do... usually the (S)ignal value hovers around 50 with the built in tuner even when no signal is present.

I've tried to lock in on several different C-Band DVB-S2 signals with no success, and traditionally have no problems receiving DVB-S or DCII signals on C or Ku.

3m Winegard Pinnacle, ADL RP2-C/Ku, CalAmp 140105 & 150338.

Can anyone comment on what firmware and/or hardware combination has worked for them in this receiver for DVB-S2-8PSK?

Thanks,

--Dave

Can anyone comment on what firmware and/or hardware combination has worked for them in this receiver for DVB-S2-8PSK?

None of them since it does not have an available DVB-S2 tuner, only QPSK and optional 8PSK Turbo.

there ya go, more SV marketing lies. they claim it has dvb-s2 but at the time when I had a sv8000 there wasnt any dvb-s2 signals around for me to test it with.

there ya go, more SV marketing lies. they claim it has dvb-s2 but at the time when I had a sv8000 there wasnt any dvb-s2 signals around for me to test it with.
I think they did lie,it has the option but I enter the freq. and the signal stayes on 50 but the q.drops to zero on G26 93w.I know I am locked on that sat because on one of the tp's I get 95%quality.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)