Sony 3D Channel Tops 10 Million Views

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Six months after launch Sony’s 3D content channel 3D Experience has topped 10 million total views, the company said Jan. 31.

Initially launching in five countries, the channel now is available in 60 countries and regions, and offers 3D movies, sports, music, short-form videos and documentaries.

The service is available to owners of Bravia 3DTVs and Blu-ray Disc players.

It's OK. Hope it grows more as time goes on.

Sony 3D Content Channel Tops 10 Million Views | Home Media Magazine

S~

Is it coming to Roku anytime soon?

Doubtful. It is Sony's channel. They'll probably keep it with their own TVs and Blu-ray players.

S~

I checked mine and couldn't find any reference to it. PS3 store does have quite a variety of 3D programming, some $$ some free. Most of the free stuff reminds me of college semester projects that are rather whacked out artwork.

I sure hope this channel comes to PS3. Hate to have to buy another 3D BD player to get it.

Prayers answered!

Over the weekend, I decided to bite the bullet and call DirecTV to install a minimal system to get those DirecTV 3D channels. That was the height of my enthusiasm and it went down hill from there...

I went to the DirecTV website to see if I could figure out all the pricing options and up pops a chat box with a DirecTV representative. So I began to ask the questions and after a half hour of asking over and over again I finally got some answers that made sense.
The bottom line is, taking advantage of current specials and sales, I can get a DVR with service for 12 months at $55 plus tax and the second 12 months at $75 plus tax to get the 3D channels. There were a bunch of little hidden fees and add on charges that took forever to pull out of the rep. No installation fees. No up front DVR purchase cost. Then after looking at the channel offerings, it seems the only really good channels are ESPN3D for sports and 3DNet for Discovery/Imax/Sony content. Since 3D sports doesn't really interest me, and the PPV 3D movies is added cost on top, I would be paying $65 a month plus tax average for the next two years on contract for essentially one channel I would watch. That's pretty expensive!

So, last night I was surfing around the Play Station Store and discovered the 3DNet content available for a la carte download to own for avg of $5.99 per program. What a savings! No DirecTV for me. I'll pay a fraction of that monthly DTV fee and just download the content as "owned" to my PS3. I bought 3- 50 minute programs last night and watched one of them. This will work for me and my wallet will be fatter as a result.

Don, as I understand it, n3D is an exclusive network to DirecTV but the content on that channel is not exclusive. I wonder, since Avatar has been an exclusive to Panasonic and Panasonic is the sponsor of n3D, have you ever seen Avatar on n3D? If so, then this content may be an exception. For me, getting access to the content is far more important than have all the content in one convenient channel location. Convenient location, not exclusivity, is what DirecTV does but not something I'm willing to pay the premium price for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)