Sony and the H20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tr6tr7

Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
I just bought the SOny KDF46E200 Television.
I would like to have the Sony remote control my Directv H20-100 box.
I have tried everywhere to find a code, but no luck.
Is what I'm asking not able to be done?
Thnaks,
Joe:)

Yes, if Directv isn't listed along side other SAT brands then there isn't a code. The codeset the H20 is using has never been used by any other SAT brand, the only receivers to use this codeset have been branded Directv.

Urc-6131

This is a One For All............Got it at Best Buy...........Will program Sony and everything I have asked it to do..............Best feature...........less then $30.00............Bought a 2nd one for upstairs..........best remote I have ever owned..........

Chinatown said:
This is a One For All............Got it at Best Buy...........Will program Sony and everything I have asked it to do..............Best feature...........less then $30.00............Bought a 2nd one for upstairs..........best remote I have ever owned..........

Unmodified the urc-6131 doesn't have a preset code for H20 sat receiver.

Chinatown said:
That does not solve what he's trying to do.
He wants his Sony remote to control his D* receivers, we would all like our TV remotes to control the D* receivers, but they won't, D* does not allow the receivers code to be public info.
However, The D* remote WILL operate the Sony TV.

Jimbo

At least one Tv oem remote from hitachi has been reported to have a code, the remote is made by UEI the same ones who make the white remote for dtv.

a harmony remote is $100+ which is where the issue is with a lot of people, the price is a little too much

Digital Dude said:
Get a Harmony and be done with searching for a remote ever again!
and be done with searching for a remote ever again!

Why would that be ???
Then I'll just have to start looking for the "Harmony " remote around the house instead of the D* remote, see, it doesn't matter what name is on it, I can still lose it regardless !!!!

Jimbo

Chinatown said:

I............can't...............figure................out.................the...............need...........for............all..........these.............periods............

Jimbos said:
and be done with searching for a remote ever again!

Why would that be ???
Then I'll just have to start looking for the "Harmony " remote around the house instead of the D* remote, see, it doesn't matter what name is on it, I can still lose it regardless !!!!

Jimbo

that sounds like a whole nother problem there my brother

I just bought the SOny KDF46E200 Television.
I would like to have the Sony remote control my Directv H20-100 box.
I have tried everywhere to find a code, but no luck.
Is what I'm asking not able to be done?
Thnaks,
Joe:)
I have been with directv 12 yrs.but I haven't had this hd very long,I don't know if we are talking about the same code # but I have the sony kdl-402010,the number I have is 00001 or 00002. I could only get one channel on my tv and I used the 00002 after pressing mute and select first,that might be what you want. wmj5@aol.com

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts