Sony announces move into 3D games

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sony wants to revolutionise computer games by making them available in 3D, it has been suggested.

Last week, the digital company released a firmware update for the PS3 computer console, confirming its intentions to change the way people play computer games.

It began selling its first 3D games, including WipEout HD, Super Stardust HD and PAIN, last Thursday (June 10th).
Source & More: prokit.co.uk

3D Gaming Coming To PlayStation 3 This June

Four free games coming to Europe. North American plans unknown.
This is a limited offer, and has only been announced in European territories. We've contacted Sony to see if this same offer applies to North America as well. We'll update this story when we hear back.
Source & More: ps3.ign.com

Note that Pain was free when I bought a PS3 80GB (old bc version). And the 3d upgrade was free to all Pain owners. I believe, but don't own them to know, that Wipeout and Super Stardust 3d upgrades were also free to owners of the game.

Note that Pain was free when I bought a PS3 80GB (old bc version). And the 3d upgrade was free to all Pain owners. I believe, but don't own them to know, that Wipeout and Super Stardust 3d upgrades were also free to owners of the game.

I have now tried 3 of the 3d games on my Samsung 3d plasma. The Super Stardust works quite well but is essentially a Spherical field of play. Pain only has certain segments in 3d. The effect is fair. MLB 10 The show left me so disappointed in its 3d effects that I have switched back to 2d playing of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)