Sony Bravia TV's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
we love our 88 inch sony OLEDS. if they burnt out id'e have a stroke LOL. it seems there's less sets coming out with dead pixels another thing was is they needed to be calibrated that was a big thing at one time as well!! but no more. ive never had a display with pad pixels on it... the TCL i bought for my den is amazing for a cheap off brand i would put it up against one my our sony OLED'S. sony don't even offer an 88 inch OLED no more
Doesn't surprise me, theres very little profit in TV's.

well you could use that covid check for this:
and i thought 10 grand was bad :rolleyes:.at the price it should do things to me that i won't say on here :p :coco. that tv better last someone for the rest of there life :rolleyes

Last edited:
Have they fixed the problems that OLED has had with image burnin? Many owners were complaining about burnin when an image or part of an image stayed on the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: arlo
Have they fixed the problems that OLED has had with image burnin? Many owners were complaining about burnin when an image or part of an image stayed on the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
we have not had any problems with burn ins. but than again we don't have any gaming systems hooked up to em nor do we keep the guide up to long... but they are more susceptible to burn in's than led's

Reactions: Jimbo
Doesn't look like its on Netflix ...

It seems that everytime I find a movie or show I want to watch, its not on a Streaming service with out and extra cost involved .... which defeats the purpose of already subbing to a service, I'm not paying TWICE to see the show .... (I did break down and pay twice to see Picard)

After reading the info about the movie, I think I have seen it already, very good, but I seen it ...
Always like The Rock !
the new star wars flick was awsome to

we have not had any problems with burn ins. but than again we don't have any gaming systems hooked up to em nor do we keep the guide up to long... but they are more susceptible to burn in's than led's
that's my fraidy-cat thing about oled! *ding* ... having to be careful of burn in. my feeble mind thinking the term 'organic' means dont leave the lettuce in the sun too long. again the tech has advanced to the point where it's a no-issue. it's just in some cases where on my sat the signal will decrease to the point a static image is on the screen...like hours until i notice it. no harm done. does a person have to be on pins and needles about that with oled's??

that's my fraidy-cat thing about oled! *ding* ... having to be careful of burn in. my feeble mind thinking the term 'organic' means dont leave the lettuce in the sun too long. again the tech has advanced to the point where it's a no-issue. it's just in some cases where on my sat the signal will decrease to the point a static image is on the screen...like hours until i notice it. no harm done. does a person have to be on pins and needles about that with oled's??
What does This mean ?
Your Sat Signal decreases, what does that have to do with Burn in and how does your signal decrease ?

One of the biggest things would be the channel bugs, my local channels all have them in the bottom right corner ...
I do watch my local ABC alot, so its on that channel alot ... I have had No burn in from them as of yet.

i don't think you will have a problem i'm not on pins and needles. i was having a stroke when i was buying our OLED'S :p

Reactions: Jimbo and arlo
They are compensating for, but have not fixed, the blue aging faster problem.

What does This mean ?
Your Sat Signal decreases, what does that have to do with Burn in and how does your signal decrease ?
easy. snow on the dish. rain storm. not burn in, screen burn. like the famous ATM machine crt burn.
One of the biggest things would be the channel bugs, my local channels all have them in the bottom right corner ...
I do watch my local ABC alot, so its on that channel alot ... I have had No burn in from them as of yet.
cool on that.
and like navychop mentioned. aging. something you may not notice because it's subtle and happens over a long time.
i'm google lazy today. compensating? telling you to turn up the blue? sending a service tech out to recal. the color? payola?
i'd have to believe sony, samsung would manufacture their own displays because they do it very well. lg, magnavox, visio, and the others that wally world sells for cheap. makes me wonder.

but no. really. at the time i did get the XBR55-900E and then swapped it for an XBR55-930E the oled tv's looked nice and i would have brought one home no matter the extra price. i figured i'd wait a few years and let others be the guinea pigs.

and like navychop mentioned. aging. something you may not notice because it's subtle and happens over a long time.
i'm google lazy today. compensating? telling you to turn up the blue? sending a service tech out to recal. the color? payola?
i'd have to believe sony, samsung would manufacture their own displays because they do it very well. lg, magnavox, visio, and the others that wally world sells for cheap. makes me wonder.

but no. really. at the time i did get the XBR55-900E and then swapped it for an XBR55-930E the oled tv's looked nice and i would have brought one home no matter the extra price. i figured i'd wait a few years and let others be the guinea pigs.
Fwiw, LG makes Great panels ....
So much so that Sony uses them. (OLED wise, not sure of the other types.)

I’m pretty sure LG is the only source for large, TV size, OLED panels. Samsung, with a “purer” approach, abandoned it, for at least a few years.

Last edited:
At the same time, without LG, your Sonys would have no OLED panel.

I get what you're saying about LG and their follow-through.
so i guess i was right that sony does use the LG panels for there oleds, LG is the old goldstar back from the day wich was crap to. just a different badge

Last edited:
If LG is like Samsung, the LG that manufacturers OLED panels for Sony is like the Samsung that makes OLED panels for the iPhone. Or, in other words, LG OLED panels are to LG TVs like Yamaha pianos are to Yamaha motorcycles; just another division of the parent Corporation.

Reactions: krynn
well shut my mouth! (literally). a wiki of flat panel manufacturers put a lump in the old gizzard.
thank the lord at least they aren't using lucas electrics (sony). manufacturers need to start putting a peanut allergy notice on their products. or something. this product contains not less that 10% OEM components .

If LG is like Samsung, the LG that manufacturers OLED panels for Sony is like the Samsung that makes OLED panels for the iPhone. Or, in other words, LG OLED panels are to LG TVs like Yamaha pianos are to Yamaha motorcycles; just another division of the parent Corporation.
there's no telling what you get today when buying something

this product contains not less that 10% OEM components .
There's no economies of scale if everyone develops their products from the ground up. Why have four panel operations when you can have one or two? There is still plenty of room to include features and distinctions that separate each company's products from the others. Big American companies (especially the auto makers) have been doing it for years.

The textbook definition of OEM is precisely what you're railing against: a company that manufactures equipment from outsourced components.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)