Sony not betting the farm on BD now. Offer xbox style video market place.

Nope, I do not have the base speed, I have the ONLY speed available in my area. 2MB downloads. I live in the middle of a small town 50 miles north of St. Louis. The three counties above me have no broadband options available accept for Satellite and recently there have been some companies putting up towers for "wireless" service, but I don't think thats to quick either.

There are certain areas that won't have 10MB service for many many many years, much less a speed suitable for HD movie streaming. People that think differently don't realize that there are vast parts of the country not wired up at 20MB+ broadband like they are.

Ah you have frontier net. I have a Friend who lives in Jersyville who has the same thing.

Have Charter 16mbs myself. Great speeds. Can get to the stream movie now option within 5-10 minutes.

Live in Fairview Heights here.

Sweet deal. To be honest, I really have respect for Frontier and glad we have them. If we didn't, we wouldn't have anything at all. The mom and pop cable company would never make the investment in this area and the big phone companies like Verizon don't mess with the small areas. Just ask the towns just north of me that have Verizon instead of frontier. No broadband option at all!

I cannot imagine 16mbs. my 2mb pretty much gives me everything I want instantly. Its amazing how quick the speeds are getting. I remember in 2000 when I went away to college, there was a lot of places that didn't even have broadband yet, my hometown included, and I remember how excited I was because my college dorm room had a eithernet broadband connection. And that speed wasn't close to the 2mb that I have now.

I think you guys have this discussion going backwards. First, XBOXLive cost you money every year -- $50 I believe in order to be able to even use the service. Playstation Nation is free to any PS3 owner at no addtional cost except for what you might want to download. Adding a video-music or movie- download platform to the PSN is just providing another revenue to PSN. Seeing as the service is free and I do not have to pay to browse or even download demos of games and movies then I believe this to be a smart move by Sony to provide the PSN with the same services that are offered by M$ for which they pay for access and we don't!

I think you guys have this discussion going backwards. First, XBOXLive cost you money every year -- $50 I believe in order to be able to even use the service. Playstation Nation is free to any PS3 owner at no addtional cost except for what you might want to download. Adding a video-music or movie- download platform to the PSN is just providing another revenue to PSN. Seeing as the service is free and I do not have to pay to browse or even download demos of games and movies then I believe this to be a smart move by Sony to provide the PSN with the same services that are offered by M$ for which they pay for access and we don't!

For Xbox Live the fee just makes you able to play multiplayer games. The rest of the service is available for all registered users.

Think that pretty much renders the rest of your post as FUD/irrelevant.

Google next time maybe?

For Xbox Live the fee just makes you able to play multiplayer games. The rest of the service is available for all registered users.

Think that pretty much renders the rest of your post as FUD/irrelevant.

Google next time maybe?
LMAO!! Yea you have to pay 50 bucks a year so you can play multi-player!:p Then you have to pay for skins and maps and what ever you want. Then when you fill that 20 gig Hd up. Then they will sell you a 120 gig hd for oh hold on let me GOOGLE this..... Be right back....... I'm back $179.99

Search for 360 hard drive - circuitcity.com

Now if your lucky like i am.. You are not the only one playing your 360 so factor in 2, 3, 4 however more people who play multi-player at 50 bucks a pop then now you got entertainment!
PS.. No I'm not a fan boy! Once again i used Google and look what i am going to put into my PS3 Western Digital Scorpio WD3200BEVT 320GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Notebook Hard Drive - OEM $144.99

GOOGLE= Newegg.com - Western Digital Scorpio WD3200BEVT 320GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Notebook Hard Drive - Laptop Hard Drives

Now i understand that the 320 GB hard drive is not as much as the M$ 120 GB drive but i have a feeling it's going to work really well. Also i am going to save 35 BUCKS and gain 200 GB!! So buy what you guy's think is the best value for you.
There are more factors then just one's exclusive content. Which by the way should come out in what August?

LMAO!! Yea you have to pay 50 bucks a year so you can play multi-player!:p Then you have to pay for skins and maps and what ever you want. Then when you fill that 20 gig Hd up. Then they will sell you a 120 gig hd for oh hold on let me GOOGLE this..... Be right back....... I'm back $179.99

Search for 360 hard drive - circuitcity.com

Now if your lucky like i am.. You are not the only one playing your 360 so factor in 2, 3, 4 however more people who play multi-player at 50 bucks a pop then now you got entertainment!
PS.. No I'm not a fan boy! Once again i used Google and look what i am going to put into my PS3 Western Digital Scorpio WD3200BEVT 320GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Notebook Hard Drive - OEM $144.99

GOOGLE= Newegg.com - Western Digital Scorpio WD3200BEVT 320GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Notebook Hard Drive - Laptop Hard Drives

Now i understand that the 320 GB hard drive is not as much as the M$ 120 GB drive but i have a feeling it's going to work really well. Also i am going to save 35 BUCKS and gain 200 GB!! So buy what you guy's think is the best value for you.
There are more factors then just one's exclusive content. Which by the way should come out in what August?

I'd imagine most 360 users are too busy playing games on their video game console to doll up the interface... though in between sessions I've downloaded 20-30 free themes and several dozen gamer icons over the years.

Wasn't aware PS3 users didn't have to pay for maps, so while you're demonstrating your search mastery you might want to look a closer there buddy...

At least you made a better point (that I'm happy to agree with) about the hard drive space. Doesn't help salvage JoeSP's post any though.

I'd imagine most 360 users are too busy playing games on their video game console to doll up the interface... though in between sessions I've downloaded 20-30 free themes and several dozen gamer icons over the years.

Wasn't aware PS3 users didn't have to pay for maps, so while you're demonstrating your search mastery you might want to look a closer there buddy...

At least you made a better point (that I'm happy to agree with) about the hard drive space. Doesn't help salvage JoeSP's post any though.
I'm not trying to salvage Joe's post!! I have a 360! I don't think he does? Anyway after sending back the 360 a few times yea the 360 owners are playing it! My point is you pay for just maps and skins on one and not the other you get nickled and dimed for one and not the other! My search mastery well buddy it rubbed me the wrong way how you can attack people about using GOOGLE and posting FUD!? Hell i have dis agreed with Joe but some of what he said is true! Like i said not a fan boy have both systems. I am however getting tire of the FUD you both are shooting!

I'm not trying to salvage Joe's post!! I have a 360! I don't think he does? Anyway after sending back the 360 a few times yea the 360 owners are playing it! My point is you pay for just maps and skins on one and not the other you get nickled and dimed for one and not the other! My search mastery well buddy it rubbed me the wrong way how you can attack people about using GOOGLE and posting FUD!? Hell i have dis agreed with Joe but some of what he said is true! Like i said not a fan boy have both systems. I am however getting tire of the FUD you both are shooting!

If he had a 360 he would know that you don't have to have a gold account to browse or buy things from market place :D

Someone forgot about the 360 it doesn't have a wireless adapter that comes out of the box, you have to buy a separate piece that costs 100$.

In terms of hardware, the PS3 is a complete system, in terms of software xbox live has everything on their way, but I have to agree with the others, xbox charges you every nickel and dime for a simple theme/background/wall paper/gamer pic.

All the PS3 needs now is an in game friend list/invite option, and the ability to chat with friends while you are in game .

I suppose all of that will be up and running by the time Home comes out.

Someone forgot about the 360 it doesn't have a wireless adapter that comes out of the box, you have to buy a separate piece that costs 100$.

In terms of hardware, the PS3 is a complete system, in terms of software xbox live has everything on their way, but I have to agree with the others, xbox charges you every nickel and dime for a simple theme/background/wall paper/gamer pic.

All the PS3 needs now is an in game friend list/invite option, and the ability to chat with friends while you are in game .

I suppose all of that will be up and running by the time Home comes out.

WTF dude, lol it has a Ethernet port (and the 20 gig PS3 doesn't have wireless either). That was just a bitter post. :p

WTF dude, lol it has a Ethernet port (and the 20 gig PS3 doesn't have wireless either). That was just a bitter post. :p

Not a bitter post, if you compare the prices, the PS3 is the better buy for the price.
Hardware wise.
PlayStation 3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Out of 4 PS3's, 3 of them have WiFi.

Out of 3 360's, none have wireless, the elite doesn't have wifi.

Uh, I have a PS3 and I DON'T pay to play games with others online. I did not have to pay extra for a hard drive, extra for Wi-Fi , did not have to pay extra for anything -- it came with the PS3!! Heck, I am able to download new interfaces (I currently am using the Spiderman w/sound -very cool!) and that doesn't cost me either! I do video conferancing with my grandson -- doesn't cost me one extra penny!!!

You guys are dumping on the PS3 for offering a service to download movies and tv shows and why? Because it cost? Just remember this, I don't have to pay $50 a year to play with others -- but everywhere M$ is envolved you do. And lets face it, the purpose of online with a console is to play with others -- not download media!

When that gets to be FREE on XBOXLive -- let me know!:rolleyes:

Uh, I have a PS3 and I DON'T pay to play games with others online. I did not have to pay extra for a hard drive, extra for Wi-Fi , did not have to pay extra for anything -- it came with the PS3!! Heck, I am able to download new interfaces (I currently am using the Spiderman w/sound -very cool!) and that doesn't cost me either! I do video conferancing with my grandson -- doesn't cost me one extra penny!!!

You guys are dumping on the PS3 for offering a service to download movies and tv shows and why? Because it cost? Just remember this, I don't have to pay $50 a year to play with others -- but everywhere M$ is envolved you do. And lets face it, the purpose of online with a console is to play with others -- not download media!

If this was the Video game forum you might have a valid argument. This was about Sony giving credence to Video downloads. [/fail]

"Video conferencing", promotional themes, both free on the 360.

Does M$ offer you free movies for downloading in their service? If they do not then get off Sony's back for only offering their consumers the same value that you XBOX freaks have been blabbing about for the last two years!

My statement about cost of service goes to value of the online service and also to content. If M$ offers something online - eventually Sony will too. Don't think that M$ isn't looking at HOME for Sony and making decisions on how to offer a simular experiance to their consumers -- especially if it becomes very popular.

Both companies are looking for ways to make the online service more profitable so don't pan one for doing what the other is already doing.

Sony's decision to add a pay as you go service for movie and tv downloads is no differant then what M$ is already doing. You guys really are the pots calling the kettle black!:rolleyes:

This whole tangent came from your claiming you needed to pay MS to all but turn on the console.... not from anyone criticizing Sony for offering the service, and then you continue the derail by trying to make it somehow make sense...

Does M$ offer you free movies for downloading in their service? If they do not then get off Sony's back for only offering their consumers the same value that you XBOX freaks have been blabbing about for the last two years!

My statement about cost of service goes to value of the online service and also to content. If M$ offers something online - eventually Sony will too. Don't think that M$ isn't looking at HOME for Sony and making decisions on how to offer a simular experiance to their consumers -- especially if it becomes very popular.

Both companies are looking for ways to make the online service more profitable so don't pan one for doing what the other is already doing.

Sony's decision to add a pay as you go service for movie and tv downloads is no differant then what M$ is already doing. You guys really are the pots calling the kettle black!:rolleyes:

Yup, Some movies and shows are free, Got Voltron for free last week. :D

2 months ago got Austin Powers was free.

4 months ago got South Park : fun with weapons HD for free.

And these are the ones that I cared to download, They do free promotions all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)