Sony Press Conference at CEDIA-2005 (SatelliteGuys Exclusive)

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Hey guys!
Here is the video from Sony Press Conference that I shot at CEDIA EXPO.
During this Press Conference Sony introduced several new products.
Enjoy the video!

And here are some pics too:

VPL-VW100:

KDSR50XBR1:

LF-X11 LocationFree Wireless TV:

BRAVIA KDL-V40XBR1:

(You can click on any picture to enlarge it)

Thanks for the impressive video coverage - much appreciated! Well, I have to say the SXRD is currently in the lead. I would love to have the 70" model, but I'm afraid it would be my coffin when my wife finds out I spent that much money on a HDTV. :tombstone

riffjim4069,

The 70" will be very expensive, but the 50" and 60" will be very reasonable.
I have heard that the 50 and 60 are around $ 5000, $6000 respectivly.

They should be available soon. I have seen the Projector and the 70" .as well as a 32" flat, don't quote me on the 32" size ,but I think that is correct.

All are very nice.

As for the Bat Wings :yikes , wait till you can actually see one, I think it looks fine.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
I have heard that the 50 and 60 are around $ 5000, $6000 respectivly.
Even better than that:

KDS-R50XBR1 is $3,999.99
KDS-R60XBR1 is $4,999.99

Jimbo, I picked up a 50" Sony KDF last year. I really love the set, except for the bat wing speakers. I was surprised to the bat wings on this years XBR. Anyway, the best price I found on the KDS-R50XBR1 is $3899.99 w/free shipping. I think I will wait until Christmas when people get socked with the X-mas bills and shocked with the home heating bills - should get a real good deal by then. I still haven't ruled out the Mits WD-52628.

riffjim4069 said:
Jimbo, I picked up a 50" Sony KDF last year. I really love the set, except for the bat wing speakers. I was surprised to the bat wings on this years XBR. Anyway, the best price I found on the KDS-R50XBR1 is $3899.99 w/free shipping. I think I will wait until Christmas when people get socked with the X-mas bills and shocked with the home heating bills - should get a real good deal by then. I still haven't ruled out the Mits WD-52628.

I have the KDF 60 XBR 950, I think it is a different style than the 50" but can't remember for sure,
I really like my 60", I bought it for the overall product, but in my opinion it looks better than the newer stuff.
My set actually came out 2 years ago, they did not change anything for the 2 years, at the time it was also the only set available with a HD tuner built in, a strong selling feature in my case.

I love my TV, but can't wait to see the new 50 & 60, although,I have spoke with my guy's and they say that , what I currently have is overall a better product., I think they meant that some features might not be as good, I know the sound system is mot as good with the newer stuff
And no I don't run my set thru the DD 5.1 Yamaha all the time, like some do, I do occasinally but not all the time.

As for looks, just looks, I like the all Black Hitachi's

Are you getting rid of your 50" XBR ?, I personally don't have the money to upgrade that often.

Jimbo