Soon to be new 4dtv subscriber any advice?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jullius

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
La Crosse, WI
I'm looking for some advice on setting up 4dtv. I purchased two dsr922 on ebay (the batteries are suppose to be ok and the ID number matches the units)

I plan on using a 6 ft fixed dish setup with a WSI - dmx242 lnbf. I am familiar with setting up and aiming fta systems. I know I have to get programming through Skyvision or SRL.

Do you have any advise that might help the setup go smooth as possible? I know this is vague, but I'm a complete noob with 4dtv.

Thanks

Your best bet is to point the dish at W5 and wait till after the first of the year to sub unless the maps have W5 in it now. You can get hit and turn on programming on the 4DTV side till 1/4/2011. After that you will have to change over to the new Comcast side and take it from there with SRL. If you don't have the W5 tile you need to be able to see G1 right now

I purchased two dsr922 on ebay...

Just curious, are you the one who got the DSR922 for $60 buy it now??? :up

If that is you then you also got the other from the seller that spells receiver wrong! (He spells it reciever) He does have quite a few to get rid of. I bought one from that guy and had some issues with it! :mad:

Ok good to know. Thanks for the head's up.

Your best bet is to point the dish at W5 and wait till after the first of the year to sub unless the maps have W5 in it now. You can get hit and turn on programming on the 4DTV side till 1/4/2011. After that you will have to change over to the new Comcast side and take it from there with SRL. If you don't have the W5 tile you need to be able to see G1 right now

Nope, that wasn't me. I tried to bid only on ones that appeared to be from someone who knew what they had and was still in working condition. Hopefully it works out. It wouldn't be the first time someone on ebay lied :rant:

Just curious, are you the one who got the DSR922 for $60 buy it now??? :up

If that is you then you also got the other from the seller that spells receiver wrong! (He spells it reciever) He does have quite a few to get rid of. I bought one from that guy and had some issues with it! :mad:

Check Goodwill

I got a 920 from Goodwill for $5. Hit G1 for a Master reset and watched the channel count go from 700ish up to 4875. Hopefully everything is ok. Running on 91 degrees right now on a VisionSat (very few channels on the 920).

I don't have a mover on it but can later with purchase of pipe and switching from a 6' fortec star to an 8' small mesh. How hard is setting up the jack (or will there be a need in the near future if I go with the W5 pkg)?

If you want to get subscription programming on the 920, there is no need to have the receiver on anything but W5.

I got a 920 from Goodwill for $5. Hit G1 for a Master reset and watched the channel count go from 700ish up to 4875. Hopefully everything is ok. Running on 91 degrees right now on a VisionSat (very few channels on the 920).

I don't have a mover on it but can later with purchase of pipe and switching from a 6' fortec star to an 8' small mesh. How hard is setting up the jack (or will there be a need in the near future if I go with the W5 pkg)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)