Soon to be Newbie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Denio

Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
Sacramento
Going to be installing Direct TV so I can get the Cubs games plus other sports... Question is if I get the CSN package deal will the games be blacked out for me on CSN Chicago.... I live in northern Ca. Or is it just not worth the hassle and get the MLB package... Thanks ... Jim

If you get the Sports Pack, the games not in your teams' market area -- probably the Giants and the A's -- will be blacked out. To get those, you will have to get MLB Extra Innings.

The one advantage to getting the Sports Pack and MLBEI -- besides the additional channels such as ESPNU and CBS College Sports -- is that you would probably not be blacked out when the CSN channels replay the game in the wee small hours of the morning. That's prime time for you in NoCal.

Ira,

Reading your post reminded me of a "blackout" question. Just when I thought I understood regional & territorial blackouts... :confused:

I live in the Dallas area (Rangers). I have the Sportspak & MLB Extra Innings pkgs. Yet occasionally the Astros games are still blacked out. This happens on days when it's not a "Fox" Sat or "ESPN" Sun night exclusive situation.

Strange part to me is that not all of the Astros games get blacked out.

I'm wondering whether there is some overlap where you are. That would account for you not getting blacked out on Astros. Still, you are right; there seems to be no rhyme or reason for some of this. That's baseball . . .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)