Sorry Dish, It's a No-Go For Me

Was this type of sarcasm really warranted here?? All I see here are Dish subs detailing why the H/J setup as its currently configured is not for them. No one threatening to switch to another provider, etc. It's just another attempt to silence the doubters I guess....

It wouldn't fit my households viewing either. And I find it a rather normal one for a house of 4. Maybe if everyone in the house likes the same shows it would work, but that would be an odd one.

I haven't switched yet :) ask me on Sunday.

Tyralak said:
It will fit mine. I'm getting it as soon as it comes out.

I'm getting it too but I need to figure out the configuration I want yet. I'm thinking two Hoppers and one Joey. Then I'll use my wireless hd transmitter to mirror one tv to my basement. This way my bill only goes up $7 instead of $14.

Okay scherrman if that's the price for existing customers what I'd like to know is what does dish consider just signed up? A few days? Week? Month? I've heard most will pay 99 bucks to upgrade.

dishfan82 said:
Okay scherrman if that's the price for existing customers what I'd like to know is what does dish consider just signed up? A few days? Week? Month? I've heard most will pay 99 bucks to upgrade.

I honestly don't know. You'll have to ask dish what you qualify for.

I'm hoping a two Hopper system will be allowable, and that pricing doesn't go up in the next few months. Hard to know if this pricing, or whatever pricing they stick to as of 3/15, is "promotional" or not.

I might consider shifting in 6 or 12 months.

I'm getting it too but I need to figure out the configuration I want yet. I'm thinking two Hoppers and one Joey. Then I'll use my wireless hd transmitter to mirror one tv to my basement. This way my bill only goes up $7 instead of $14.
What wireless HD transmitter do you have and does it work well? How far away and how many walls/floors is it going through?

TIA

mdavej said:
What wireless HD transmitter do you have and does it work well? How far away and how many walls/floors is it going through?

TIA

I have a peerless hds100 wireless multimedia center for my house and it works great. It is on the main floor and sends the signal to the second floor. It's the room right above. Maybe 40 feet total.

It's kinda curious that the only option listed where there are less Joeys than Hoppers is the 1H/0J option. All others are equal or more Joeys than Hoppers....

I wondered that too. They did not show a 2 Hopper 1 Joey configuration but I don't see why you couldn't do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts