Sorry - newbie question LOS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rknight442000

Original poster
Jul 28, 2006
Tried to upgrade to D* HD recently and no LOS. Trees, which I don’t own and probably wouldn’t cut anyway. Gets hot in Atlanta and they are shade. I have a good shot at 101 and so get basic fine. My question: has anyone heard D* address this issue publicly? Older neighborhoods here still have their trees and it’s quite hilly as well. This LOS issue has happened to two other people here in different parts of town and the CSR’s while nice but unhelpful, said they hear this a lot. Been a good D* customer a long time. Cable would be about the least attractive option. Been reading as much as I can get my eyes on here and elsewhere. No real answers. Thanks

LOS 101 only

Since the Ka satellites at 99 &103 are so close I would suspect than if you upgraded to an AT-9 ; 5 lnb dish you could get the Atlanta locals in HD, the RSN (FSS & some Turner South) and be ready for the new HD offering when DirecTV 10 & 11 are launched in 2007.
You'll have everything you have now on 101.
You won't get 110 or 119 although I'm amazed at how wrong "eyeball" estimates of L.O.S. are wrong.
These are the HD 119(B) and 110(C) offerings:

Transponder Channels

B-22; 86 ABCE, 89 FOXW
B-24; 87 ABCW, 88 FOXE
B-28; 72 ES2H, 79 HDN, 97 DTV
B-32; 76 DSHD, 83 NBCW

C-8; 75 TNTH, 94 DTV, 95 DTV, 96 DTV, 98 DTV, 99 PPVH, 399 DTV
C-10; 70 HBOH, 71 SHOH, 78 HDNM
C-12; 73 ESPH, 74 UHD

Doctor j

Thank you, sir

Thanks for the info. I'm afraid the installer is correct in re: LOS. There is a ridge line to my SW and W that is solid trees (mature and very tall). Azimuth is probably not so much a problem then as elevation. May just have to sit tight till D* gets more hardware aloft. Burns too, as I just got a sweet Panasonic plasma. Oh well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts