Sorting DVR recordings

Squiglee

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2004
My wife loves the Mentalist so we have about 90 shows on our external drive. She likes to watch in the order they came out so we sort by episode number.

Usually we can sort by episode number. But now and then for no apparent reason, the choice to sort with episode number is not there. We can sort alphabetically or by date but the episode # choice is missing. Then the next day, for no reason I can figure out, that choice is back.

Any idea what is going on and if so how do we make sure to have that choice? It is very annoying to have to scroll thru 80 plus recordings looking for the lowest episode number!

OK. Did I miss something. As a 922 user I can't recall episode number ever being an option to sort, nor has that been an option for any Dish DVR nor for TiVo. There was and still is the Sort by Date that, if the channel has aired episodes in numerical order, can function like a sort by episode number.

OP, I feel your pain as we have a few shows like this, as well.

Can anyone else confirm a Sort by Episode Number for the 922? I would really love that option. Or has there been some misunderstanding? The same works for TiVo (or for any DVR I would think) that if it is sorted by date and the channel airs the episodes in numerical order, the episodes neatly display as IF they are sorted by episode number. Clarification on this please.

Yes, I do have the Sort by Episode # feature on my 922. I have My Recordings organized into Folders by Title. Then when I select a folder with more than one epidode, I can then sort the contents of that folder by Episode #.

OK, THANK YOU BOTH! I think I just never looked at the Sort options in the folder. That's why I asked if I missed something. Thanks, again. Oh, yeah, I do have it here, as well.