Custom built WA setup (w/ EA dish for "LIL")

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
Here is the custom built set up I just put in for myself. I put a 1k2 head on to a skewable Prime Star dish. Some here were saying it couldn't be done. Some said it wouldn't hit all 3 sats. Others said that I wouldn't gain anything by doing it. All of those people were completely incorrect. I went from a 1k4 which can be seen in one shot. to the custom set up. BTW the .9 m Fortec dish I have on 61.5 sat doesn't get any better signal level than a Prime Star w/ a dish feed mounted on it. So just shows the Fortec's aren't always that great. On 129 I'm getting mid 60's (tp 21- I use that one as all 4 sats have conus on it) now which is around 10 points higher than before. Had to compromise on a slightly lowered 110 than peak to get best 129 but it's also in the mid 60's and that is very livable. 119 is in the upper 80's. One last thing before the pix. I don't want to hear anyone gripe about peaking a 1k4 now. It's nothing compared to peaking this dish up. Dish-Primestar install 001.JPGDish-Primestar install 002.JPG

That is awesome. Any changes to the LNB itself or just the bracket?
No changes to either the LNB or bracket. The 1k2 fit just right on the primestar arm by drilling the correct mounting holes in it. I was gonna try to move the 1k4 over then neighbors moved out down the st and was able to get the 1k2 and it fit perfectly at focal point.

129 is only in the 60s on TP21? I get 77 on my 1000.2. 119 is 85-88, 110 is 78 or so.

I might try getting a bit more out of it. Yesterday just got tired of trying to get a few points more out of it. My back yard is a problem to hit the WA sats from one location. I don't want to mount a dish on the roof as I don't own the place. Yep it is just for fun to see what I could do w/the single Primestar dish. I may go to 4 dishes, I have them available.

4 dish set up

Well decided to go to the 4 dish set up I spoke about earlier in the thread. Now have the Fortec .9 on 129, .7 Fortec on 110, .9 Channel Master on 119 and a .7 Primestar (.7 X 1.2) on 61.5. Now have new SS on ch 21 for comparison. Was mid 60's on 129 now 78 to 80, 119 was upper 80's now is 91 to 93, 110 was mid 60's, now 83 and finally 61.5 is 77 and my spotbeam LIL 61. Should have plenty of extra SQ (SS) to help w/ rain fade and in case of ice or snow this winter. :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts